Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Machinery Technology Engineer
at KBR, inc
KBR COMPANY INFORMATION
When you become part of the KBR team, your opportunities are endless. As a leading global engineering, construction, and services company, we support the hydrocarbon and government services markets on six continents. Serving our customers through diverse business units, we offer challenging assignments on some of the world's largest and most complex projects where our customers have come to value us, because they know We Deliver.
With operations in 40 countries, KBR has more than 34,000 people delivering services to customers in over 80 countries. Together they represent an unmatched reservoir of talent and experience in a wide range of markets.
Join us and you'll be part of a dynamic, elite team of professionals who understand what it takes to get a job done and has the experience, knowledge and determination to succeed.
Position Description/Job Responsibilities
Functional job responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
This is a senior staff technical position. Incumbent will be responsible for the specification and application of rotating machinery including compressors, turbines and pumps. Additional duties may include specification, selection and services relating to mechanical equipment such utility equipment, packaged units, material handling and bulk solids processing systems.
- Knowledgeable with analysis of fluid/thermal systems
- In-depth understanding of machine design and application
- Knowledgeable with rotordynamic principals and analysis
- Ability to provide technical guidance for designers and drafters.
- Knowledgeable of current API standards for rotating equipment, particularly centrifugal pumps, centrifugal compressors, and auxiliary systems.
- Willingness to travel domestically or internationally a plus
Experience has included some of the below activities
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent engineering field
- Certification as a Licensed Professional Engineer, or willingness to obtain
- Experience with chemical, petrochemical, refining, and oil and gas projects is preferred, especially LNG liquefaction, ammonia, ethylene, refining and offshore facilities.
- Additional experience with installation and commissioning is a plus
- Prior engineering contractor experience required
Understands the business side of projects including:
BS in MechanicalEngineering.
20 years experiencein chemical, refining, or offshore.
Aramco ExperienceStrongly Preferred.
KBR offers a selection of competitivelifestyle benefits which could include a 401K plan with company match, medical,dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account,disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support careeradvancement through professional training and development.