Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Infrastructure Discipline Lead
at KBR, inc
The Information Technology (IT) Infrastructure Discipline Lead will provide management oversight for the entire Human Health and Performance Information Technology (HHPIT) Infrastructure Operations and Support (IOS) Team, and will have primary responsibility for the construction, maintenance and operation of the Medical and Mission Information System (MMIS) Environment Infrastructure, including the supporting staff. The IT Infrastructure Discipline Lead will work with customer representatives and other HHPIT Discipline Leads (Architecture, Application Development) to ensure that the MMIS Environment Infrastructure effectively supports the current and future information technology needs of the Human Health and Performance Directorate (HHPD). The IT Infrastructure Discipline Lead will contribute to HHPD IT strategy and policy decisions, and will ensure that the MMIS Environment Infrastructure and the IOS Team are properly constituted to support those decisions. The IT Infrastructure Discipline Lead will also oversee the financial aspects of the MMIS Environment Infrastructure and the IOS Team, including budget development and reporting.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Implement and enforce policies, processes and procedures to maintain the security, privacy and confidentiality of all data in the MMIS Environment Infrastructure.
• Responsible for the performance of the MMIS Environment Infrastructure, in accordance with customer and Task Order requirements, as well as all applicable Service Level Agreements (SLAs), standards, best practices and Federal Government/NASA policies.
• Responsible for the performance of the IOS Team, including the Maintenance and Operations Team, the Customer Support and Engagement (CSE) Team and the Project Management Team.
• Responsible for the development and execution of Task Order Statements of Work, including definition of requirements and associated deliverables.
• Responsible for the development, maintenance and reporting of Task Order budgets that reflect planned requirements and deliverables. This includes regular periodic presentations of budget performance and estimation to a management audience.
• Responsible for building and developing a high performing IOS Team to satisfy planned requirements and deliverables. This includes the determination of needed personnel resources/skill sets, definition of job descriptions, creation of requisitions for additional personnel, hiring and performance evaluation.
• Lead, and participate in, the technical design decisions for the MMIS Environment Infrastructure.
• Establish, promote and maintain a service-oriented, customer-service focused culture that supports ongoing operations and drives accountability, efficiency, quality and innovation.
• Work with customer management and stakeholders to understand customer priorities and strategic objectives, and oversee resulting IT Infrastructure projects to ensure that outcomes match customer expectations.
• Direct IOS Team personnel in the development, execution and reporting of project plans, schedules, milestones and deliverables, in accordance with project management best practices.
• Develop and maintain standard metrics for measuring MMIS Environment Infrastructure and IOS Team performance.
• Develop and maintain appropriate reporting tools for presenting Infrastructure-related Task Order cost, schedule and risk status. Present periodic recurring status reports to senior customer management.
• Provide input to recurring Technical Cost and Schedule Review (TCSR) sessions with senior customer management.
• Maintain in-depth and up to date knowledge of applicable industry standards, guidelines, technology trends. Stay abreast of industry best practices for IT infrastructure and operations technologies, tools and procedures. Incorporate enhancements as needed/practical.
• Participate in technical review of new project requests, and associated materials, as called for by the Systems Engineering Process (SEP).
• Provide weekly status report of work activities to HHPIT Group Lead.
• Ensure that deliverables meet all applicable KBRwyle and NASA quality standards.
• Perform additional duties as assigned. Responsibilities occasionally require work on weekends and/or evenings, sometimes with little to no advance notice.
• Bachelors Degree plus 20 years of professional experience in an information technology environment, with a focus on infrastructure, including at least 5 years of most recent experience with IT infrastructure management, or equivalent experience.
• A track record of successful IT infrastructure and personnel management.
• Experience with development, monitoring and management of operating and capital budgets.
• Bachelor's Degree in a technical major, such as engineering, computer science, etc.
• Previous experience working in, and managing, IT infrastructure in a Federal Government/NASA environment.
• Experience with cloud-based infrastructure and services, specifically including migration to cloud.
• Extensive technical background with strong knowledge of IT infrastructure hardware and software technologies, including server, virtualization, storage, security, networking, etc.
• Strong leadership and change management skills, including the ability to manage large teams.
• The ability to hire, develop, motivate and retain technical personnel.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including a confident and effective ability to present to a senior management audience.
• Strong financial management and analysis skills.
• The ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.