Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Field Inspector (Pipe Spool Fabrication)
at KBR, inc
When you become part of the KBRteam, your opportunities are endless. As a leading global engineering,construction, and services company, we support the hydrocarbonand government services markets on six continents. Serving our customersthrough diverse business units, we offer challenging assignments on some of theworld's largest and most complex projects where our customers have come tovalue us, because they know We Deliver.
With operations in 40 countries,KBR has more than 34,000 people delivering services to customers in over 80countries. Together they represent an unmatched reservoir of talent andexperience in a wide range of markets.
Join us and you'll be part of a dynamic,elite team of professionals who understand what it takes to get a job done andhas the experience, knowledge and determination to succeed.
Position Title: Field Inspector (Pipe Spool Fabrication)
Functional job responsibilities will includebut are not limited to:
Implement the requirements of the applicableProject Inspection and Expediting Plans and Procedures in the purchase ordersand sub orders assigned to them to ensure that the requirements of quality anddelivery time are maintained, while maintaining the Company's ethicalstandards.
• Responsible for the inspection phases ofProcurement activities for assigned purchase orders, under direct supervisionby the Project Procurement Manager, Project Inspector and Assigned Manager (asapplicable) to ensure a timely and efficient supplier shop inspection effortwhich satisfies the contractual requirements of KBR and our clients. To report and take appropriate action onsupplier problems or slippages that have a significant impact on KBR's scheduleas directed by project expediting staff.
• Working from home office, home addresses orfrom an assignment location, for the orders assigned to them.
• Review purchase orders for completeness andinspection requirements.
• As directed by the responsible ProjectInspector, schedule, chair and report on required Pre Inspection Meetings andinterim inspection visits.
• Visit and report on the suppliers asdirected by the responsible Project Expediter.
• Record the progress of supplier data,manufacture and identify potential constraints or work to be completed by thenext visit.
• Witness tests and endorse production testdocuments, inspection procedures and records as required by the relevantproject procedures.
• Monitor and where appropriate, audit theperformance of suppliers.
• Undertake supplier surveys and participatein the identification, appraisal and approval of new sources of supply.
• Report on supplier's safety, environmentalperformance and on particular matters affecting the safety of themselves andothers visiting suppliers' works.
• Report developments and trends evidentamongst the suppliers in their assigned area to Project Procurement Manager,Project Inspector and Assigned Manager (as applicable)
• Participate with management in reviewingthe effectiveness of the engineering and purchasing procedures anddocumentation in communicating quality and schedule requirements to suppliers.
• Assist in the assessment of each supplier'sperformance at completion of each purchase order to ensure that the Supplier InformationSystem is up to date.
• Perform other assigned tasks as may beallocated from time to time.
• Expected to be able to apply extensiveknowledge and experience of supplier production methods, analyze problemsencountered, recommend and monitor the effectiveness of solutions.
• Expected to be able to work effectivelywith minimal supervision.
• Willingness to travel.
• Requires the ability to manage specificpurchase order requirements assigned by Project Inspectors and work withminimal supervision.
• Requires the ability to implement differentInspection assignments among his assigned group of suppliers.
• Requires the ability to co ordinate thequality, inspection and schedule requirements of each assigned order within thesupplier's organization.
• Requires the ability to organize and managehis time, itineraries and expenses in accordance with Company requirements andin an efficient and cost effective manner.
• Ability to review customer specificationsto assure spools are being fabricated against all requirements.
• Experience with Misrosoft office, Xcel,Word, etc…
• Ability to get around a shop environment toperform the following inspection test activates:
o Visual (In process and final)
o Dimensional (In process and final)
Associate or Technical degree relevant to ourindustry or equivalent work experience as determined by management.
• An understanding of HSE matters associatedwith our industry.
• Must have the ability to implement andeffectively demonstrate commitment to project and corporate HSE and qualityobjectives.
• Practical experience and knowledge of:
• National and international manufacturingcodes and specifications relevant to our industry.
• Manufacturing techniques and procedures.
• Destructive and non destructive testingprocedures.
• Welding inspection and procedures.
• Quality assurance principles and systems.
• At least 5 years experience in inspection(including at least 3 years shop inspection) in a project or capital goodsenvironment involving similar materials and equipment found in our industry.
• Requires the ability to resolve thesometimes conflicting interests of the Company, Clients and Suppliers to thesatisfaction of all three.
• Requires the ability to understand,interperet and anaylize the fabrication schedule and manufacturing programs.
• Requiries experance as a Certified WeldingInspector (CWI) or equivalent.
• Must provide Certificates for any NDE,Welding, or work related position experience.
• Requires the ability to fluently write andspeak English.
KBR offers a selection of competitivelifestyle benefits which could include a 401K plan with company match, medical,dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account,disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support careeradvancement through professional training and development.
KBR isan equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receiveconsideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age,national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/orbeliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.