Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at KBR, inc
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Under direct supervision, entry level position acquiring skills related to cost estimating for a specific project discipline. Learns to calculate estimates using processes, labor availability and productivity, and material prices based on historical data. Tabulates cost studies, cash flows, and prospect analysis. Performs routine assignments to develop core competencies with existing procedures by solving standard problems. Typically requires an undergraduate degree, or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position will report to a Lead Estimator functionally in support of the Government Services - Logistics product line; will be responsible for applying estimating techniques with some experience. Perform discrete cost estimates as required in accordance with KBRSI Government Services - Americas Estimating Manual as well as Government Compliance principles associated with cost estimating for US Government contracting.
This position will provide estimating services for US Government based services/O&M/BOSS projects as follows:
- Work with other Estimators and project team members, encourage ethics in estimating, be aggressive yet thorough in bid fees, buy downs and margins.
- Obtains vendor quotations in support of the development of detailed cost estimates.
- Prepares material take-offs and reviews take-offs provided by others from planning documents or work load data.
- Prepare and review Project Planning Estimates (PPE), Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) estimates, and cost proposals for Change Management in accordance with the Estimating Manual.
- Must be capable of developing discrete estimates in terms of labor (personnel by job classification), material and equipment quantities based on RFP/SOW and workload data in collaboration with respective Subject Matter Experts (SME's).
- Support the preparation of fully incurred, partially incurred, alternate methodology proposals in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR 15.4).
- Support the preparation of detailed breakdown of components and elements of estimates for systems and subsystems.
- Accumulates, evaluates and documents historical cost data for the development of future estimating requirements.
- Reviews contract documents/modifications to determine scope of work and equitable cost allowance for scope changes.
- Perform technical Peer Reviews and final cost proposal book checks for various estimates/cost proposals developed by other Estimators.
- Researches/gathers data for purchase orders and subcontracts cost/pricing data using the SAP/Costpoint Procurement module.
- Performs database administration associated with the Estimating Tracker for weekly status reports.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- A 4-years university level education in a technical field is preferred; others will be considered.
- Proficient (Super User Level) with MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Must be very efficient; detailed-oriented with excellent work ethics.
- Must be flexible and able to assist Estimators in a supporting role within a team environment.
- Willing to participate in work related trainings and innovative processes to improve efficiency of work activities.
- Must interact well with all levels of Project Management and colleagues in other functional areas/departments.
- Must be able to provide a strong level of customer service.
- Possess a high level of professionalism (preferably acquired as a university graduate in a technical field).
- Familiar with changing deadlines/priorities, inquiries and related pressures; able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously; ability to perform under pressure.
- Support the preparation of responses to questions from Internal Audit, Government Compliance or external audits in accordance with Estimating Manual timelines.
- Prepare procurement documentation for estimates and proposals; coordinate with procurement department on material and equipment pricing.
- Demonstrated strong work ethics, mathematical/analytical skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- General knowledge of the Federal Acquisition regulation (FAR) is preferred.