Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Support Specialist
at Karl Storz
Mon-Fri, 8 hour day
Employee Full Time
The Support Specialist position assists customers throughout KARL STORZ North America by providing end to end technology support. The primary focus of this role is Deskside support with secondary Service Desk phone support, client systems and configuration, as well as solution documentation. This position provides local on-site support for Network, Systems and Telco Teams. In addition, the role acts as lead in larger projects such as operating system upgrades, large moves and new technology rollouts. This position is part of the regional IT support organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Be an effective team member by demonstrating good communication, collaboration, reliability, accountability, flexibility and commitment.
- Provide IT support for the North America Region including primary Deskside support (80%) and secondary Service Desk call center phone support (20%).
- Provide first response to IT related issues. Coordinate with staff and IT administrators on systems issues.
- Provide Desktop Support and Service Desk call center phone support to all KARL STORZ North American customers. Act as a first line for troubleshooting software applications such as Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, Macintosh Operating Systems, iOS, Office Professional applications, SAP Client, Spyware and virus intrusion, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Outlook, VPN, Adobe Acrobat, and all other KARL STORZ standard desktop software. In addition, provide support for KARL STORZ in-house developed applications.
- Provide computer hardware support. This includes troubleshooting desktop, laptop, thin client, mobile devices, peripherals and printer issues. Coordinate hardware repairs with vendor. Install and configure new and upgraded desktop and laptop computers for both local and remote users.
- With the guidance from our Tier 2/3 support teams, perform on-site Network and Telco support including maintaining IDF, patching network data ports, troubleshooting network connectivity and Avaya gateway issues, and installing network and Telco hardware.
- Provide user training/education, both one-on-one and in classroom on company standard software products.
- Maintain IT Service Desk systems by logging in, responding to, and closing assigned IT related incident and requests from end users utilizing the Remedy Service Desk application. Ensure proper documentation and solutions of all incidents and changes are entered into Remedy in a timely manner.
- Maintain site specific technology inventory. Perform moves/adds/changes.
- Support IT meeting needs (audio/video conferencing).
- Be a subject matter expert in a specific technology area to provide expertise and project coordination to the Service Desk team.
- Coordinator IT activities with the various business departments.
- Must be able to interact with others, including potential customers.
- Provide and maintain documentation of procedures as requested by department supervisor or manager.
- Regular attendance is an essential job function
- Provide backup coverage to Support Administrators, Analysts and Specialists.
- Must be able to travel on occasion both domestically and internationally.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Possess leadership and organizational skills and have the ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple requests and projects.
- Solid analytical ability, judgment and problem analysis techniques.
- Strong interpersonal skills; must be able to work successfully on a team.
- Must have the ability to install and configure standard desktop hardware and software. Have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems, Microsoft Office applications, and general knowledge of Local Area Networks (LAN) and Active Directory.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills. Able to communicate professionally at all levels within and outside of the organization. Able to interact cordially with other employees to accomplish common tasks.
- General knowledge of telephony move, add, change processes and videoconferencing systems.
- Familiar with common support tools and processes.
- Skilled in the use of the following productivity tools: MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, VPN and Adobe are required.
- Familiar with ITIL processes and framework. ITIL certification is a plus.
- Help/Service Desk and/or Desktop Support technical certifications a plus.
- Project management experiece a plus.
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION REQUIRED
Must be able to work effectively with little supervision.
- Must be able to drive safely for business travel
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs, and access constrained areas such as wiring closets and service provider demarcation points.
- Travel may be required for training or to regional offices (California, Canada, Massachusetts, and Texas).
- High School Diploma or equivalency; AA/AS degree preferred
- Five to seven years’ experience in a Call Center Service Desk environment.
- Five to seven years experience supporting laptops, desktops, printers, and mobile devices in a Deskside Support role.
- Ability to balance the goals of the company, while maintaining adequate controls and accurate records.
An Equal Opportunity Employer