Just Energy Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior IT Service Desk Analyst
at Just Energy Group
Senior IT Service Desk Analyst
Who is Just Energy?
For more than 20 years, Just Energy has been a leading retail energy provider specializing in electricity and natural gas commodities, energy efficiency solutions and renewable energy options. With offices located across the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany and Japan, Just Energy is a global company serving approximately 1.5 million residential and commercial customers. As a Trusted Advisor, we're proud to provide homes and businesses with a broad range of solutions that deliver comfort, convenience and control.
The role is responsible for ensuring that all end user IT computing including telephony incidents and IT service requests issued by Just Energy end users are completed within the agreed to SLA terms. The role is the primary support function in the Incident Management process by taking calls\\emails\\web incidents and driving them to resolution and\\or escalation.
• Provide Level II Help Desk support for global customer. Troubleshoots all incidents that come into the IT Service Desk. Triage/troubleshooting respective hardware and software, e-mail, network and peripheral equipment problems; makes repairs and corrections where required.
• Installs, assembles and configures telephony or computer peripherals such as printers, scanners and related hardware.
• Makes hardware and software acquisition recommendations, including helping users assess requirements and providing justification for equipment and services.
• Conducts moves, adds and changes within the respective end user computer and telephony systems.
• Follows documented operational procedures for the production operation of all monitored systems and software, including network, telephony and server services.
• Promptly creates and documents all incident tickets for all reports of information system problems including system unavailability, unacceptable response time, unauthorized access, missing files, and virus infections.
• May initiate the problem management process through escalation.
• Resets fixed passwords, reinstalls virtual private network (VPN) software, and otherwise reinitializes user access control mechanisms, after the involved user has adequately authenticated his or her identity.
• Manage and prioritize outstanding service issues and provide communications on progress.
• Responsible for Help Desk tools & systems - machine imaging, problem reporting system, inventory system.
• Strong O365 skills - Azure AD, Exchange O365, SharePoint O365, OneDrive.
• VIOP telephone system administration and support.
• Cloud Service administration and support – Salesforce, etc
• Systems Scripting (PowerShell, VBS, batch or similar)
• Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware administration and response.
• Wireless network support
• Mobile device administration and support – iPhone, android, hot spot devices.
• Procedure documentation (machine builds, machine hardening, internal & extremal “How to's”.
• Solid understanding of the ITIL framework.
• Demonstrated experience operating and troubleshooting in a Microsoft environment. Windows 7/10 and Office 2010 . Support experience of Office 365, OneDrive, Skype for Business an asset.
• Working knowledge of Active Directory User and Computers and Microsoft Exchange.
• Knowledge of installing, configuring, upgrading, troubleshooting and repairing applicable software, hardware and peripherals.
• Instructing users on new and upgraded computer applications and hardware.
• Support of VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure) and/or Citrix an asset
• Ability to work in high pressure environments following standard operating procedures and policies.
• Experience in video conference technology and support.
• Experience with data, voice and/or VoIP technologies.
• Coordinate equipment pickups for recycling.
• VMware family products (vSphere, ESXi, vCloud Director, Fusion, Work Station)
• Experience with PKI infrastructure and certificate management
• PowerShell scripting
• A Certification. Network Certification, Microsoft certifications such as MCITP, MCSA, or MCSE
• Principles, practices, hardware and software related to establishment and maintenance of LAN's and WAN's
• Creative problem solver.
• Excellent customer service and organizational skills to support executives, department heads, supervisors, administrative personnel, engineers and staff. Ability to explain technical concepts and procedures to non-technical users.
• Strong time management skills.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong Documentation skills
Minimum Experience Required:
• Some knowledge of phone configuration.
• Five years of general computer installation, maintenance and repair experience.
• Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job listed above.
• Experience with an automated ITIL-based Service Desk tool.
• The hours of the position may be set to correspond to the overall coverage expectations within Just Energy and subject to change upon reasonable notice.
• Limited shift work and rotating on-call may be required
Education: University or College degree in Computer Science or related field. Equivalent to completion of three years of college-level coursework in computer science, information technology or a related field.