JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Network Operations Engineer
at JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team of innovators rewarded with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you'll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You'll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you—and the products you deliver—will thrive.
- Ability to articulate and share clear, concise complex technical findings to management in understandable terms
- Maintains proficiency in these key areas:
- Hardware Architecture (performance testing, monitoring, operations)
- Hardware Benchmarking (Agile, program managements, network management)
- Design (compliance, security)Network Engineering (planning, provision)
- Proficiency in more than one specific infrastructure technology
- Ability to execute with understanding of best practices and JPMC policies top of mind
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
- Maintain a thorough understanding of advanced concepts in the fields of:
- Network architecture and protocols (TCP/IP, Security, Routing, HTTP/HTTPS, VPNs, load-balancing, LAN vs. MAN vs. WAN, disparate Layer 1 technologies, etc.)
- The requirements and unique constraints associated with high frequency/low latency trading environments
- Latency monitoring concepts and relevant industry solutions
- Design, implement, support and troubleshoot complex network environments.
- Troubleshooting malfunctions of network and server hardware and software applications to resolve operational issues and restore services.
- Be Cisco certified to Associate (CCNA) or Professional (CCNP) level
- Experience with network security operating systems (Cisco, Arista, CheckPoint, Juniper, Fortinet etc.)
- Arista, Checkpoint & Fortinet
- Experience with multicast routing including IGMP and PIM
- Proficiency with BGP routing including route maps, prefix lists and communities
- Expertise in protocol analysis including TCP, UDP, IP and FIX
- Knowledge of latency monitoring concepts and relevant industry solutions – hands-on Corvil and SolarWinds experience will be a huge advantage
- Proven experience as a Networks Engineer within a low-latency networks environment
- Experience working in a banking, exchange or technology type environment within a global organization.
- Coding experience - Perl, Python, Ruby, shell
- Experience with a configuration management tool a plus - Puppet, Ansible, Chef