JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Equity Derivatives Risk Management – Senior Java/Python Software Engineer
at JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovatorslike you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service theworld's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll developsolutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, managesrisk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around theworld.
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group welook first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving businessproblems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be requiredto apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the softwaredevelopment lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your manystakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace aculture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning.You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—onethat encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in thebest interests of our customers globally.
Within the Global Equity Derivatives Risk Management team, you will helpdrive the delivery of a best in class platform that provides intra-day andovernight pricing, risk computation, and scenario-driven analysis for a widerange of complex financial products.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths andcapabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, Physics or other technical major or equivalent experience
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of architecture, design across all systems
- Excellent understanding of Java Core concepts, including memory management, multi-threading, and new language features up to Java 7 or Java 8.
- Strong experience with Java Enterprise technologies, including JMS, JAX-RS, REST based services, Hibernate, Bootstrap, etc.
- Experience with other languages and platforms, particularly Python. Demonstrated ability to switch between different technologies effectively.
- Proficiency in Unix/Linux environments, ability to navigate the system, investigate processes and logs, manage crontab scheduled jobs, etc.
- Experience supporting production environments, responding to user concerns, and taking ownership of production issues.
- Experience working in a 3rd Level advanced support capacity. Experience with distributed server-side applications.
- Exposure to a range of open-source technologies and cloud computing; including Apache technologies – Tomcat, Spark, Cassandra, Lucene.
- Experience with full development lifecycle and tools, including Git, Jira, Jenkins, Ant, Maven, TeamCity.
- Experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD) using tools such as JUnit and mocking frameworks.
- Excellent communication skills and enthusiasm to work on a globally distributed team
- Experience with Databases – relational as well as No-SQL - Sybase / Cassandra / Mongo DB
- Experience with Messaging Middlewares - Kafka / Qpid / Sonic / MQ / Tibco
- Experience with Continuous Integration Tools - Team City / Jenkins, gradle etc
- Experience of working in financial services / Understanding of equity derivative products
- Familiarity with ElasticSearch, Cloud services.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not justworking at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one ofthe world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our teamof 40,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprisetechnology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovationsin electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development.Our $9.5B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to createinnovative solutions that will not only transform the financial servicesindustry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, andwe're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. Weencourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitivebenefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as partof a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives ofpeople and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.