Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Area Installation Manager
at Johnson Controls.
Required: Manager Experience of overseeingapproximately 6 managers in HVAC and FIRE businesses, with approximately $100million in annual revenue.
What you will do
Under general direction, manages the capacity andstaffing of the Area Installation team.?Leads the professional development andadherence to Performance Contracting and Large Mechanical Retrofit bestbusiness practices through effective management and mentoring of the operationsstaff.?Establishes team objectives and manages team efforts to achieve assignedproductivity.??Drives compliance to the JCI Safety Program for employees andsubcontractors. Hires, retains, performance manages, and plans for career developmentof direct reports. Prepares and delivers clear performance expectations,performance reviews and development plans for direct reports.?Depending on spanof control, self performs construction management duties.
How you will do it
- Drives project excellence inall area teams.
- Drives accountability for projects revenue and executed margin results by domain.
- Ensures safety, integrity, andethics excellence in the area projects teams
- Drives forecasting and actualization of projects revenue and executed margin against forecast/plan across the area.
- Assures work force levels are appropriate across the area, by trade, by domain.??Makes upward and downward adjustments monthly as needed.
- Assures installation operating cadence is consistent and functional in all local teams.
- Coaches and developsInstallation Managers on all areas of performance.
- Collaborates with the major projects team to assure all projects are properly staffed and there is a seamless delivery across the area, whether Major Projects or not.
- Pulls in SWAT/Subject Matter Experts for areas as needed based on identified weaknesses.
- Champions changes and Building Solutions North America (BSNA) initiatives.
- Provides feedback to BSNA Leadership for market trends, what is/isn't working well, area needs and program deficiencies.
- Participates in both Customer accounts and several large, high priority opportunity pursuits.
- Serves as an active member in the community.
- Company Values – Integrity first, purpose led, customer driven, future focused and one team.
- Embracing diversity and inclusion with all hiring decisions.
Able to demonstrate strategic agility.
- Growth and Customer orientation.??Proven growth leader.
- Broad knowledge of the buildings industry (experience in one business is a must, multiple businesses is a plus).
- Develop peer relationships within Area and across Areas.
- Drive for results - Successful previous leadership of large P&L's
- Situational, can meet leaders where they are and coach accordingly (i.e. not a one size fits all management style).
- Influential - can drive area leaders to adapt behaviors.
- Develop effective teams and motivate.
- Able to travel as required to support the area.
- Travel on average 50% of the time.?
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Business or equivalent work experience.
- Ten or more years of progressively more responsible operations management experience in the Installation Industry including five or more years of direct management experience.
- High-level competence in written and verbal communication.
- Strong presentation skills and proficiency in speaking to large audiences.
- Able to lead and direct cross-functional and cross-business unit project teams to achieve business results.
- Ability to lead, manage, mentor and inspire others.?
- Knowledge of multiple levels with the supply chain org.?
- Polished presentation skills, multi-faceted thinker, and innovator.?
- Strong ability to negotiate, persuade and influence.
- Proficient in software scheduling tools and applications.?
- High level project management process competencies.?
- Strong proficiency in MS Office (excel, word, power point), Adobe Writer, Visio, MS Project, basic windows environment and internet business application usage.