Sagora Senior Living
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Roving Culinary Director
at Sagora Senior Living
Roving Culinary Director
|Community:||Sagora Senior Living - Houston|
The Roving Culinary Director is responsible for overseeing the Culinary Department at assigned communities and acting as the Culinary Director in times of vacancies. The Culinary Director plans, directs, and evaluates all aspects of the community's food and beverage department in an effort to meet and exceed resident expectations with quality meals and an exceptional dining experience.
Sagora Senior Living is one of the top 50 senior housing operators in the United States offering independent living, assisted living, and memory care services. We are looking for compassionate and caring individuals to join our team to uphold our "Residents First" philosophy. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package along with additional company perks.
If you are looking for a rewarding position and a great company culture, we urge you to apply!
- Community details: http://www.sagora.com/communities/
- Status: Full Time
- Shift/hours: Monday - Friday, outside business hours as needed
- Evaluate community culinary operations to ensure that each area is functioning to the desired level of excellence
- Provide culinary leadership and support to chefs within the communities
- Fill-in during the absence of a Culinary Director
- Identify opportunities to enhance the quality and cost of food purchasing and make recommendations to senior management.
- Participate in the interview process and candidate evaluation for Culinary associates
- Oversee the orientation program for new community chefs and Culinary Directors
- Communicating effectively with Executive Director, Regional Director of Operations, and Regional Culinary Specialists regarding community culinary department operations
- Supervises the culinary department, menu planning, supplies, overall food production, meal presentation, table service, budgeting, and safety in the kitchen
- Hire, train and supervise all culinary associates while promoting retention and development
- Ensure that all staff uses and maintains equipment properly to avoid damage and costly repairs.
- Confirm that there is appropriate inventory of kitchen supplies, small wares and table ware and culinary budget is being utilized appropriately.
- Ensure compliance with preparation and maintenance of required records, reports, and paperwork for the culinary department
- Ensure high quality in taste and appearance and ensure food is served in an appropriate style while remaining in alignment with budget and safety guidelines
- May perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- This position will require travel either 5 days per week or on a rotating 10 days on / 4 days off schedule at times. Ability to travel up to a week at a time with little notice is required. This is a road warrior position.
- Minimum 3 years of management experience as a Culinary Director within senior housing
- Culinary Arts Degree (preferred)
- Specific experience with the culinary needs of memory care and dementia residents within an assisted living or memory care community
- ServSafe Certification
- Professional level computer skills to include the ability to utilize Microsoft Office products, email, etc.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills and the with the ability to read, write, and communicate in English
Sagora does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Sagora is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.