JLL (Jones Lang LaSalle)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Commercial Building Engineer in Houston, TX at JLL
at JLL (Jones Lang LaSalle)
We are currently seeking an Operating Engineer to join our team in the Houston Medical Center!
- Oversee and monitor the operation and make adjustments of refrigeration, heat exchanger, HVAC equipment and systems, electrical, and hot water systems; monitors operation, adjusts, and maintains refrigeration, chilled water, and air conditioning equipment; ventilating and hot water heaters; pumps, valves, piping and filters; other mechanical and electrical equipment; record readings and make adjustments where necessary to assure proper operation of equipment. Requires the ability to analyze the operation of various systems, determine the cause of any problems/malfunctions and take corrective action as required.
- Performs preventive maintenance on all base building and critical system equipment which includes but not limited to: assembling all tools, supplies and instruments necessary to complete the job, performing work with a minimum amount disruption, conducting immediate clean up of work area, completing the preventive task sheet, returning tools to workshop, and unused supplies to store room, reporting any impending supply or material shortages to the Operations Manager or Lead Engineer of any equipment problems.
- Install and repairs plumbing/piping/tubing; wire single and three phase motors; run conduit; pull wiring to machinery, motors, operating parts, etc.; install and rebuild pumps and motors; install and rebuild air compressors; heat exchangers; replace bearings in all types of motors; replace seals on pumps; install and repair piping, valves, filters, hot water systems and associated controls; assist other mechanics and operators with major repairs and maintenance of building and equipment. Installs, repairs, and maintains electrical controls, switching and motor controls
- Monitors operation and maintains refrigeration, water cooling and air conditioning equipment; boilers, heating, ventilating and hot water equipment; pumps, valves, piping and filters; other mechanical and electrical equipment; recording readings as necessary to assure proper operation of equipment; responsible for reporting any problems/malfunctions
- Maintains tools and orders supplies as required for installation and repairs. Keeps logs, documents equipment repairs, closes work orders, tracks time accurately in reports and provides timely and constant communication with the Operations Manager and Lead Engineer.
- Complies with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials. Maintains a clean and safe work space.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education - High school diploma or state equivalent required.
- Must have current CFC or EPA Universal Refrigerant Certification. Maintenance Electrician License strongly preferred.
- Experience - Minimum five years’ experience in HVAC/refrigeration trade or related field, maintaining commercial facilities.
- Knowledge of OSHA standards and local codes.
- Personal characteristics - Team player, hard worker, good interpersonal skills, and ability communicate well in both oral and written reports and have excellent customer service skills.
- Familiar with computer equipment and programs.
- Visually inspect machinery and buildings.
- Ability to frequently walk up and down stairs for inspections and emergency procedure practice or implementation.
- Ability to detect emergency alarms - auditory and/or visual.
- Equipment inspections require getting on hands and knees to reach areas difficult to access.
JLL Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf.
If you have questions about careers at JLL or are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at email@example.com