Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Workface Planner (Piping)
At the end of April 2019, WorleyParsons combined with Jacobs' Energy, Chemicals and Resources (ECR) division, to create Worley.
Together, we are a leading global provider of professional project and asset services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We have almost 60,000 amazing people in around 60 countries across the world covering the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets for our customers.
Our exciting combination will create new opportunities for you to join us.The transition will take time, so in the short-term you may see references to our heritage companies in your application process.
The Workface Planner (WFP) will be part of the Worley Global Technical & Technology Services (GTTS) team. In this support role, the WFP will be the primary point of contact for the planning of all basic construction and capital project work in the assigned area.
The Workface Planner is responsible for ensuring that the WorkFace Planning process is conducted according to Worley ECR policies and procedures for the assigned project. WorkFace Planning is the process of organizing and packaging construction activities efficiently into FIWP's which enables construction craft to perform in a safe, effective and efficient manner.
- Performs routine aspects of planning requiring knowledge of basic construction principles. Work is reviewed for adequacy and accuracy
- Assist the WorkFace Planner Lead/Manager with Implementation strategy for workface planning on assigned project following the scheduled Path Of Construction (POC)
- Gathers and compiles data to develop discipline specific Field Installed Work Packages (FIWP) from the Construction Work Package (CWP) during detailed engineering and construction phase of project using project tools/software
- Coordinates with material coordinator concerning critical items of supply
- Provide FIWP's information to material management allowing time for material allocation
- Ensure FIWP's are issued with enough time allocated for final installation planning
- Coordinate with all departments on the project to ensure planning process is fully integrated within project
- Works with Superintendents and schedulers to insure FIWP's are scheduled
- Verifies FIWP's are constraint free prior to being issued to field by assuring that all constraint items are cleared and checked off. This includes but not limited to, material availability both permanent and consumables, equipment availability, crew availability.
- Helps establish and maintain backlog of constraint free FIWP's
- Gather, analyze, input and compile information for reports and tracking of FIWP's; submit required information to site leadership.
- Verifies that any RFI related to IWP is placed in package once RFI has been closed
- Assure that the latest drawing is in the package by performing periodical audits once package has been issued.
- Revise and update FIWP as needed, communicate the changes to the appropriate departments
- Commitment to Safety
- Knowledge and experience with Advanced Work Packaging (AWP) process preferred
- Knowledge and experience with WorkFace Planning preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Construction or Engineering preferred
- Minimum of 5 years in industrial construction preferred
- Field experience in planning for turnarounds, capital projects, maintenance and/or industrial construction preferred
- Experience in refineries and/or petrochemical plants preferred
- Possesses good oral and written communication skills to interact with other project team members
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software (ie. Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Seeking Locals
Worley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Worley is a drug-free workplace.