Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Telecom Tower Technician/Foreman
Jacobs Telecommunication hasbeen at the forefront of creating a new generation of wireless communicationinfrastructure for over 40 years. We specialize in network development –complete telecom life cycle solutions, which has ranked us as the #1 DesignFirm 2018 in Engineering News-Record. While the wireless world is everchanging, the demand for innovative technology and long-term support servicesremains constant. These services include site acquisition, design andconstruction, to full operations, maintenance, and deconstruction.
- Responsible for maximizing crew efficiency with a focus on safety and profitability of the services projects through effective site management, and continuing to look for areas of improvement on our projects. Ultimately responsible and accountable for all activities of the crew, equipment and company resources.
- Communicate with project managers and customer, as required, to ensure that project is being completed to their satisfaction and to address any customer satisfaction issues or concerns.
- Must maintain and enforce the Jacobs Beyond Zero safety program, ensure daily job site safety plans are reviewed and followed. Immediately stops work when unsafe work practices or conditions exist.
- Installation/De-installation of transmission lines, connectors, antenna and accessories; and perform maintenance on tower equipment. Daily reporting of project status and documentation of daily progress, Job Plan and Job Safety Analysis, along with accurate close out documentation.
- Prepare accurate documentation of time and expenses for self and crew and promptly provide to Project Manager daily.
- Ensure crew recognizes and performs duties within OSHA safety guidelines as well as all applicable safety laws and policies.
- Manages crew of up to four (4) additional employees with limited supervision.
- Responsible for bringing projects to completion on budget and on time in a quality manner.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- Travel up to 100%
- Tower Crew Foreman experience required
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience as atower climber required
- Current ComTrain or equivalent certification inTower Climbing Safety and Rescuerequired
- NWSA Certification preferred
- Technical knowledge of wirelesstelecommunications products required
- Anritsu Certification preferred
- PIM Certification preferred
- OSHA 10 Hour Certification preferred
Essential Functions: Intermittent sitting,walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, andlifting. Hand manipulation is requiredfor grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or lefthands utilized. Need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, as well as belowthe shoulder for same. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be travel,will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasionalneed to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk onuneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes intemperature or humidity, and potential work at heights.
At Jacobs, we helpprepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at everylevel, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets andoffices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow,and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiativeof Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishingcareer here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.