Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Telecom Tower Tech I
Jacobs Telecommunication hasbeen at the forefront of creating a new generation of wireless communicationinfrastructure for over 40 years. We specialize in network development –complete telecom life cycle solutions, which has ranked us as the #1 Design Firm2018 in Engineering News-Record. While the wireless world is ever changing, thedemand for innovative technology and long-term support services remainsconstant. These services include site acquisition, design and construction, tofull operations, maintenance, and deconstruction.
The Telecom Tower Technician installs, maintains, and operateswired, wireless, fiber optic and microwave telecommunications equipment andsystems. The technician provides support in the maintenance and operationof generators, HVAC, and telecommunication site infrastructures.
- Must maintain and enforce the Jacobs Beyond Zero safety program, ensure daily job site safety plans are reviewed and followed, and stop work when unsafe work practices or conditions exist
- Assist Crew Foreman to ensure quality service to clients
- Installation/De-installation of transmission lines, connectors, antenna and accessories: and perform maintenance on tower equipment
- Recognize and perform duties within OSHA safety guidelines as well as all applicable safety laws and policies
- Work effectively both individually and with other crew members
- Handle transportation of equipment
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
- Travel up to 100%
- Ability to climb, at least, a 250' telecommunications tower required.
- Ability to lift, carry, push and pull 75lbs required.
- Ability to crouch, kneel, twist, reach, grasp and climb with both hands and legs required.
- Availability to work overtime to include Saturdays, Sundays and evening hours required.
- Current ComTrain or equivalent certification in Tower Climbing Safety and Rescue preferred.
- Experience of wireless telecommunications preferred.
- Willingness to take on and learn new tasks preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft preferred.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.