Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Structural Aerospace Engineer
Are you passionate about human space exploration or understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a dynamic and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you!
We need your commitment, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire humans all over the globe. We need you to bring innovative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will benefit the quality of life of people around the world. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on new challenges for NASA's pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASA's largest engineering solutions provider working alongside NASA at centers across the United States.
We have the unique and significant role to partner with NASA at Johnson Space Center (JSC), to be part of every human spaceflight program – the International Space Station (ISS), NASA's Orion spacecraft, which will carry astronauts into deep space, and Gateway, the orbiting platform providing the home for astronauts to work and travel back and forth to the moon's surface, and serving as the platform for deep space exploration. From critical systems on the ISS to enable astronauts to live and work in space; to performing advanced development for systems leading to deep space exploration; to being part of the foundation for Gateway.
We also partner with NASA at JSC, the only NASA center in the United States to curate all astromaterial samples returned from exploration missions, to perform curation services, orbital debris analysis, and basic research to further humankind's understanding of the origins of our solar system.
We need you to be a part of our team!
We are currently in need of a Structural Aerospace Engineer to join our team. Do you have the following skills?
As a Structural Aerospace Engineer you will:
- Perform classical hand stress analysis, finite element stress analysis and fracture analysis.
- Be familiar with NASA standards for analysis, including fracture control.
- Know and have experience with using NASGRO.
- Be proficient in the use of finite element modeling techniques using FEMAP for finite element model development and NASTRAN finite element solution.
- Prepare structural analysis reports and work with other engineers to find resolutions to problems.
- Perform other duties as required.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and a minimum of five (5) years of related engineering experience, or a MS degree from an accredited engineering school and a minimum of four (4) years of related engineering experience, or Ph.D. from an accredited engineering school and a minimum of zero (0) years of related experience.
- Special skills or expertise in MathCAD, FEMAP or PATRAN, MSC/NASTRAN, NASGRO.
- Familiarity with desktop software applications, MS Office.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- BS in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering.
- Non-linear finite element analysis experience.
- Previous NASA Flight hardware experience.
Why Work for Jacobs?
Click on the below links to view just a small sample of all that we do! Come join our team and be part of our future. We look forward to seeing you!
(please open in Chrome or Microsoft Edge)
(please open in Chrome or Microsoft Edge)
For more information on our partnership with NASA at Johnson Space Center, please visit http://www.wehavespaceforyou.com/
In addition to exciting career opportunities we also have:
- Excellent personal and professional career growth
- 9/80 work schedule (every other Friday off)
- Onsite cafeteria (breakfast & lunch)
- Comprehensive Benefit Package (medical, dental & vision)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Much, much more!
If you have the qualifications to do this job, we can use your help.
For immediate consideration, please apply at http://www.wehavespaceforyou.com/
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which this position has been advertised.
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. (5% of time).
Equipment and Machines
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.