Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Jacobs Global Field Services is a premier provider of construction, maintenance and capital project solutions. With an ever expanding workforce of both direct hire craft and professional staff, Jacobs Global Field Services provides support to clients in petrochemical, chemical, pharmaceutical, consumer products, pulp and paper, automotive, mining and metals business lines across multiple markets.
Responsible for fabricating, fitting, and applying insulation to the pipe on a job site.
- Read blueprints and layouts
- Level and align pump bases
- Level and align equipment such as compressors, turbines, paper machines and centrifuge, conduct pump repair and maintenance
- Set impeller clearance on pumps
- Set fan blades
- Alignment of motor to gearbox
- Measurement of precision fits
- Additional responsibilities not listed may be required
- Minimum 4 years industrial construction/maintenance industry experience
- Knowledge of reverse alignment (where required), different types of metals, different types of bearings, mechanical seals, tandem seals, compression packing, multi-stage pumps, vertical pumps, different types of drive coupling, cooling tower fan units, gearboxes and agitators, gas turbines (where applicable) steam turbines, centrifugal compressor, reciprocal compressor, machine shop equipment, hydraulic reading and IRD reading
- Physical Requirements:
- Climbing, Balancing, Stooping, Kneeling, Crouching, Crawling, Reaching, Standing, Walking, Pushing, Pulling, Lifting, Fingering, Grasping, Feeling, Repetitive Motions
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you?ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.