Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Support Johnson Space Center's activities for International Space Station and Orion.
- Work in a team environment to analyze requirements from the customer and develop design solutions.
- Design, development, testing, implementation, and analysis of technical products and systems.
- Perform engineering design and evaluations for thermal vacuum space simulation testing.
- Produce engineering drawings conforming to JPR 8500 and other applicable standards.
- Familiarization with Liquid Nitrogen, Helium, and Oxygen Systems.
Working with JSC Pressure Systems personnel to complete Pressure Systems Design Reviews.
- Prepare and present designs at various engineering design reviews using MS Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint.
- Ability to apply engineering principles and techniques to create solutions to equipment, building and infrastructure challenges.
- Ability to prepare engineering specifications, statements of work, and estimates for a wide range of facility related projects.
- Perform other duties as required.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and five (5) years of related engineering experience, or a MS degree from an accredited engineering school and four (4) years of related engineering experience, or Ph.D. from an accredited engineering school and zero (0) years of related experience.
- Ability to prepare written documents and to verbally present at various meetings. Must have the ability to visualize and work with complex mechanical systems and work with others in problem solving as part of a team.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products.
- Some experience using solid modeling CAD software including some working experience using PTC Creo, or Autodesk Inventor.
- Able to organize and prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines and schedules with limited supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarization with Johnson Space Center (JSC) organizations, processes, and procedures.
- Familiarity with JSC test facilities.
Why Work on Our Team?
(Please view in Chrome or Microsoft Edge.)
- Excellent personal and professional career growth
- 9/80 work schedule (every other Friday off)
- Onsite cafeteria (breakfast & lunch)
- Comprehensive Benefit Package (medical, dental & vision)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Much, much more!
Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- Please visit our career page at: www.wehavespaceforyou.com.
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs (5% of time).
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.