Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Entry Level Radio Frequency (RF) Communication Systems Engineer
- Determine the performance of RF communication links and create link budgets using analytical methods or by applying analysis to simulation tools.
- Participate in Systems requirements reviews, Preliminary & Critical Design Reviews, Technical Interchange Meetings and peer reviews.
- Perform RF interference and compatibility analyses, RF coverage analyses, and Power Flux Density analyses for Space based communication systems.
- Perform analyses using software such as Matlab, Simulink and Excel.
- Perform other duties as required.
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited engineering school.
- Must have completed RF Communications course work in college.
- In depth knowledge of communication systems such as digital modulation, spread spectrum signals, signal detection, forward error correction, interference analysis, baseband filtering, and data formatting and packetizing.
- Knowledge of orbital dynamics and STK software is a plus.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills along with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
Why Work on Our Team?
For more information on our partnership with NASA at Johnson Space Center, please click on the links below:
Jacobs Aerospace Solutions Overview
(Please view in Chrome or Microsoft Edge.)
In addition to exciting career opportunities, we also offer:
- Excellent personal and professional career growth
- 9/80 work schedule (every other Friday off)
- Onsite cafeteria (breakfast & lunch)
- Comprehensive Benefit Package (medical, dental & vision)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Much, much more!
Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which this position has been advertised.
Come join our team and be a part of our future - we look forward to seeing you!
- Please visit our career page at: www.wehavespaceforyou.com.
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs (5% of time).
Equipment and Machines
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.