Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at ITS ConGlobal
- Regular Full-Time
ITS ConGlobal is the industry-leading provider of intermodal rail terminal services, auto loading and unloading and container depot services. We take pride in consistently delivering superior and reliable service, a broad scope of services and an exemplary safety record. We’re currently seeking a Painter - Blaster.
The Painter – Blaster washes, blasts, preps, primes, and paints shipping containers. Painter - Blasters operate various types of equipment such as blast pots, spray guns, and mill gages.
- Properly prepare product for prime and paint. This may involve washing, drying, cleaning with solvents, wire brushing, and sanding.
- Knowledge of various painting methods and applications
- Mix paints to desired colors and consistencies.
- Maintains assigned equipment and work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Ability to spray without leaving runs, sags or other paint defects while maintaining the minimum required thickness.
- Perform grinding, sanding, blasting, and polishing per work instructions.
- Shovels or pours abrasives, like sand, grit, or shot of specified grade into machine hopper
- Maintains valves on equipment to regulate pressure composition of the abrasive mixture flowing through the nozzle or into tumbling barrel
- Abrades surfaces of metal or hard-composition objects to remove adhering scale, sand, paint, grease, tar, rust, and dirt using abrasive-blasting equipment
- Working knowledge of different blast media and techniques
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety and quality management procedure.
This is an exciting time at ITS and we’re growing our team! We offer full-time employees the following; career growth, competitive compensation, benefits, 401K & vacation.
- 2-3 years experience or similar experience of progressive responsibility in paint and blast
- Strong knowledge of paint and blast techniques
- Valid driver’s license
- Read blueprints and perform shop math
All qualified applicants will be given equal consideration regardless of race, age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, color, religion, protected veteran status or national origin.