ITC Service Group Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Drop Technician / Laborer (Telecom)
at ITC Service Group Inc.
# of Openings:
We are looking for dependable, hardworking employees with a valid driver’s license and good driving record, who enjoy working outdoors. ITC Service Group provides full turnkey site development, site acquisition, technical services, maintenance, in-building, DAS and project management to our clients. In this role, you will provide support to field crews.
· Responsible for actively listening, learning and following instructions from foreman or immediate supervisor.
· Assist with excavation & pulling equipment.
· Performs required labor involved in construction and maintenance projects as part of a crew, including ditch digging, pulling fiber, etc.
· Responsible for the basic knowledge of first aid help.
· Responsible for knowing all safety requirements on the job site.
· Performs daily functions sometimes with power tools and hand tools.
· Responsible for working well with others and supervisor. Display courtesy to customers and the general public. Must have the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other departments and the public; ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions
· Assist with the Restoration of landscape to original or better condition once work is completed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· General labor on construction sites
· Load and unload structure materials and move materials in work areas
· Lifting at least 50+ lbs. daily
· Assisting a journeymen level trade person in a variety of field activities
· Maintain tools and equipment
· General cleanup of job site
· At least 1 year of experience doing some type of construction work in the field
· Reliable transportation to and from the job sites
· Work boots, appropriate work attire
· Ability to work in an outdoor environment during all times of the year
· Ability and willingness to follow direction from Supervisor
· Work involves standing, talking, hearing, using hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reaching with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and smell. Skill in operation of some of the listed tools and equipment; and ability to perform heavy manual tasks for extended periods of time.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must frequently push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds and occasionally push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 100 pounds.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in inclement weather conditions. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and vibration. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Graduation from high school education or GED equivalent, or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Must have a valid driver’s license.
· Due to the nature of ITC’s business, its clients and other needs, the employment relationship is, and is intended to be, “At Will.” This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between ITC and employee. By no means is this job description inclusive of all duties; in that employee will be required to perform all duties as directed by his or her supervisor. This job description is subject to change by ITC as the needs of ITC and requirements of the job change. ITC Service Group is an equal opportunity employer