Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Customer Application Engineer
at Hexagon PPM
- Req# ID
- PP&M US
- # of Openings
- Professional Services
- Travel %
Hexagon is a global leader in sensor, software and autonomous solutions. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, and quality across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, safety, and mobility applications.
Our technologies are shaping urban and production ecosystems to become increasingly connected and autonomous- ensuring a scalable, sustainable future.
Hexagon’s PPM division empowers its clients to transform unstructured information into a smart digital asset to visualize, build, and manage structures and facilities of all complexities, ensuring safe and efficient operation throughout the entire lifecycle.
© 2019 Hexagon AB and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates. All rights reserved.
Opportunity, Innovation, and Challenge await you!
If you are looking for a unique opportunity to be part of a professional team supporting the adoption and implementation of innovative, leading edge software solutions, you will want to look closely at this opportunity. Hexagon PPM is looking for a highly motivated, energetic and talented Senior Customer Application Engineer to join our team of industry specialists, based either in our Houston, Texas office or in a remote home office within the United States or Canada.
As a member of Hexagon PPM with a focus on Enterprise Project Performance software (EcoSys), the Senior Customer Application Engineer will be responsible for providing strategic guidance to current and prospective customers while developing and maintaining extensive knowledge of industry best practices and EcoSys products and solutions. You may consult remotely and/or at customer sites, analyzing customer requirements and illustrating how EcoSys solutions can support the customer’s strategic business outcomes. You will work in close partnership with the account management and customer success teams to strategize adoption approaches and ensure attainment of revenue targets. Additional responsibilities will include:
- Advising colleagues on industry marketing strategies to develop new business opportunities
- Advising customers in various roles and levels of seniority on the business benefits of adopting an Enterprise Project Performance platform across their organization
- Engaging with customers to define business and technology requirements based on a combination of industry best practices and their specific objectives and organization
- Designing and prototyping solutions on the EcoSys platform to prove fitness for purpose and business value, aligned closely with their strategic needs.
- Acting as a trusted advisor to the customer at every step of the adoption and implementation process
- Channeling feedback on product improvement ideas and to Hexagon’s R&D teams support our innovation process
- Providing advice and knowledge transfer to Hexagon colleagues in service delivery, training, support and R&D.
- Providing support for the submission of RFI/RFP responses during the customer’s procurement process
You must be capable of articulating the value of Enterprise Project Performance and the EcoSys solution in an authentic and enthusiastic way, demonstrating considerable adeptness in solving complex problems. Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of principles, theories, and concepts of Enterprise Project Performance (Portfolio Management, Project Controls and Contract Management). This position requires a strong degree of self-direction and decision-making enabling the incumbent to work under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment.
The ideal candidate will hold a Bachelor's Degree with at least 10 years' experience in a Enterprise Project Performance (Portfolio Management, Project Controls and Contract Management) process and software consulting in a sales or service delivery organization. You will be able to demonstrate a deep knowledge of industry best practices and related enterprise level software including EcoSys or competing solutions. Additional qualifications include:
- Significant experience in a Consulting or Advisory capacity
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- An aptitude for learning and mastering new processes and technologies, fueled by a natural curiosity and passion for business improvement
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical skills and logical, methodical approach to problem-solving
- Ability to quickly build relationships and establish credibility with customers
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to interface effectively with employees and customers at all levels of the organization
- Ability to technically discuss and review issues with other team members, and adapt communication style appropriate to the audience level to ensure understanding
- Customer focused with desire for excellent service delivery
- Excellent time management skills
- Positive outlook and attitude
- Fluency in English
- Advanced skills in relational database technology, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint