Integra LifeSciences Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Government Sales Specialist - Florida , Georgia, Texas
at Integra LifeSciences Corporation
- Vacancy ID
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
Integra LifeSciences, a world leader in medical technology, is dedicated to limiting uncertainty for surgeons, so they can concentrate on providing the best patient care. Integra offers innovative solutions in orthopedic extremity surgery, neurosurgery, reconstructive and general surgery, and regenerative wound care.
Integra's orthopedic products include devices and implants for foot and ankle, hand and wrist, shoulder and elbow, tendon and peripheral nerve protection and repair. Integra is a leader in neurosurgery, offering a broad portfolio of implants, devices, instruments and systems used in neurosurgery, neuromonitoring, neurotrauma, and related critical care. Integra’s Tissue Technologies is an in-patient and outpatient Regenerative product portfolio, which includes products for wound care, burns, abdominal reconstruction, and plastic & reconstructive surgery. In the United States, Integra is a leading provider of surgical instruments to hospitals, surgery centers and alternate care sites, including physician and dental offices.
Founded in 1989 Integra is headquartered in Plainsboro, New Jersey and has over 4,500 employees worldwide. Integra's common stock is listed on The NASDAQ Stock Market under the symbol "IART."
The Government Sales Specialist will be a responsible for sales of Integra’s Regenerative product line to the VA and DOD Hospital & Clinic system within a defined territory. Primary responsibility will be to achieve or exceed defined territory sales revenue targets through strategic planning, relationship building, new account targeting, extensive product knowledge and exceptional customer service. Primary call points will be plastic surgeons, orthopedic surgeons, trauma surgeons, general surgeons and podiatrists with time split between in the Operating Room and the clinic. The Sales Specialist will work across Integra functional areas to ensure customer satisfaction. The Sales Specialist will work with various team members to ensure that territory coverage and financial goals are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
REGION: SC, GA, FL, AL, MS, LA, TX
Attain sales and market share objectives as defined by regional business leader & senior management by:
- Analyzing sales territory opportunities to develop government sales account plan
- Developing a written strategic business plan for targeting key government accounts.
- Integrating and coordinating with Integra field teams in identifying, tracking and securing orders within the U.S. Federal Government sector with specific focus on VA and DOD health systems.
- Creating, implementing & executing upon strategic business plans (e.g., Bulk Buys, BPA/Blanket Purchase Agreements, Sole Source, Promotions, VISN initiatives, etc.) to drive regenerative sales
- Establishing & facilitating executive relationships and by managing government contract compliance.
- Maintaining familiarity and operating at all levels within your assigned Governments accounts.
- Maintaining high level of product and technical knowledge
Responsibly manage sales activity by:
- Operating within defined budgets and strictly with in accordance with Corporate policies and procedures
- Performing sales administrative duties in a timely manner and as defined by management.
- Utilizing a sales force administration (SFA) platform to plan sales and monitor activity.
- Experience selling in hospitals and clinics.
- Experience calling on VA and DOD hospitals and clinics.
- Experience selling advanced wound care products (skin substitutes, advanced wound dressings, growth factors, antimicrobial dressings)
- Experience liaising with Enterprise Accounts team members on contracting opportunities.
- Ability to conduct a “complete call” (product, reimbursement, patient programs to key healthcare facility personnel).
- Ability to create & identify customer needs.
- Ability to comprehend and utilize highly complex clinical information and Studies.
- Ability to create deep relationships with KOLs (Key Opinion Leaders).
- Ability to interface, collaborate and partner with existing sales team contacts.
- Strong negotiation/presentation skills and persuasive communication style, strategic thinking and planning skills and superior organizational skills.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for this position.
- Minimum of 3 years medtech, biotech or pharmaceutical sales experience required, with at least 2 years recent experience in VA and DOD hospital sales.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required. BS in science is preferred.
- A track record of proven and consistent sales success (e.g. President’s Club)
- Knowledge and understanding of payers and managed markets landscape in territory.
- Comprehend and adhere to Advamed guidelines.
- Maintain current status on all required hospital credentialing.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Daily and overnight travel required
- Strong PC skills required and ability to use electronic materials during HCP call.
- Adherence to Integra policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Strong negotiation and selling skills.
- Physically capable of standing for long hours in the Operating Room and/or clinic during cases.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50lbs
- Must possess a valid driver’s license