Institute for Building Technology and Safety
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CDBG Environmental Review Specialist I
at Institute for Building Technology and Safety
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Job Locations
- Disaster Recovery
- Must have a thorough knowledge and understanding of 24 CFR Part 58 requirements.
- Must have extensive CDBG-DR Tier I and Tier II experience.
- Assist in CDBG DR Subject Matter expertise in Texas, Florida, North Carolina, Puerto Rico and other places
- To assist IBTS in pursuing projects various locations
- Provide assistance for CDBG and CDBG-DR programs
- Ensure compliance with the federal CDBG and CDBG-DR regulations
- Recommend and assist in the development of the RFPs by identifying goals and requirements
- Prepare reports and documents
- Review HUD policy changes, updates, and recommend changes in IBTS policies or procedures to maintain compliance
- Providing expert technical assistance to the CDBG-DR requirements and regulations
- Manage the development of an application intake and evaluation process for CDBG-DR housing programs including housing buyouts, rehabilitation and elevation, infrastructure program and economic development program
- Work clients to prepare all compliance reports required by the CDBG-DR program
- Communication with senior leadership staff from clients including elected officials
- Attend client's internal staff meetings
- Interface with the general public
- Attend meetings with US HUD
- Identify and resolve conflicts with the program
- Utilize the telephone and computer (MS Office)
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must have from 2-5 years of CDBG or CDBG-DR experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Disaster Management, Business Administration, Finance, Planning, Public Administration, Public Policy or a related discipline.(Master’s degree can account for 2 years of Experience);
- Experience in CDBG-DR, CDBG State or Entitlement programs
- Experience in providing technical assistance to CDBG-DR grantees and Subrecipient’s related to CDBG requirements such as, financial management, procurement, environmental review, fair housing, section 3, Davis Bacon, URA and other HUD requirements;
- Experience in delivering HUD single-family and multifamily housing programs, infrastructure programs, buyout or acquisition programs or economic development programs;
- Experience conducting monitoring visits and writing monitoring reports, overseeing corrective actions, and coordinating HUD monitoring visits.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office products including Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook
- High degree of attention to detail
- Ability to lead a team with excellent leadership skills
- Previous experience negotiating with key federal, state, and local officials on controversial disaster recovery and financial issues strongly preferred
- Ability to relocate
- Could require and/or temporary or permanent relocation.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Bring your passion, expertise, and experience to IBTS, where we appreciate and are committed to our employees. We offer outstanding benefits, growth opportunities, and work hard to maintain a culture that values our employees.
The Institute for Building Technology and Safety (IBTS) is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization established to provide unbiased professional building code compliance services, while enhancing the communities in which we work. At IBTS, our mission is to deliver quality services to meet the challenges of governance at all levels while enhancing public safety, economic development, and the general welfare of the community. Our services include Building and Community Development, Energy and Sustainability Services, Disaster Planning and Recovery, Quality Assurance, as well as Compliance and Risk Monitoring.
IBTS is headquartered in Ashburn, VA, with additional offices in Louisiana, Missouri, New York, Oklahoma, Texas and Washington, DC.
We are committed to building a community of experts with diverse backgrounds, disciplines, and perspectives who are passionate about our mission. IBTS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. This opportunity is open to Section S3 Residents.
Explore the opportunities!