There’s a reason Insperity ranks in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the US.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 32 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
SQL DATABASE ARCHITECT
We are currently seeking a SQL Database Architect to join our team. This position will work with constituent departments to fulfill database architecture development, support, and maintenance requests.
- Works with constituent departments to fulfill database architecture development, support, and maintenance requests.
- Designs data structure and database components for use by Business Applications.
- Works with other groups as necessary to gather input for technical design and development.
- Recommends best practices for the development of data access including design and development of data access components.
- Works with development teams and database administration personnel to ensure optimal database performance, evaluating and making recommendations regarding code design, application interaction, physical design, etc.
- Acts as the project manager or works with the project management group on scope definition, estimation of work effort, task definition, etc.
- Sets and follows design standards using industry best practices.
- Performs design and/or mentors team members in design and development for project work efforts.
- Creates technical documentation as required for all project work.
- Reviews progress with management.
- Coordinates unit testing of projects for release into the production environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent work experience) is required.
- Three to six years of professional work experience are required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of technical database architecture to the completion of moderately difficult assignments.
- Strong customer service attitude.
- Able to work with customers within the business to effectively draw out, validate and document business requirements.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision as well as working within a team environment, depending on current work tasks.
- Exhibits a sense of urgency when dealing with break fix issues that directly impact end user utilization.
- Able to manage problem-solving activity in an efficient and effective manner.
- Exhibits a commitment to the utilization and enforcement of defined standards and process.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of computer systems, hardware, and software operations and principles.
- Possesses a broad knowledge of data architecture industry, methodologies, marketplace, and technology trends.
- Required working knowledge of both UNIX and Windows based operating systems. Administrative level knowledge preferred.
- Required DBMS skills include both database administration as well as physical modeling and architecture on MS SQL Server. Informix and/or Oracle skills are preferred.
- Modeling/design skills. Sybase PowerDesigner preferred.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and one of the best benefits packages in the business, including 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, our work environment and our commitment to our employees’ personal and professional success are the reasons we’ve been regarded as one of the “Best Places to Work” for 16 years running.
At Insperity, we believe diversity is the quality of leadership. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.