There’s a reason Insperity was ranked in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 33 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and a world-class benefits package, including 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, we’re committed to providing a positive work environment, and to helping our employees succeed both personally and professionally.
SENIOR CORPORATE HUMAN RESOURCE SPECIALIST
Provides support and guidance to supervisors and employees to ensure consistency and fairness with the company’s policies and procedures. Maintains a focus on liability management and consults with the Legal department as needed. Acts as a primary point of contact regarding questions about company programs and the Employee Handbook. Provides support and guidance to employees about benefits related issues or inquiries.
- Consults and provides support and guidance to supervisors/management and employees to ensure employee disciplinary actions and other sensitive individual situations are handled in a fair and consistent manner throughout the Company. This includes coaching and counseling employees, preparing and advising on proper preparation of counseling statements, and witnessing counseling sessions. Maintains follow-up file for employee relation situations. Makes on-site visitations as needed.
- Provides consultation, services and training focusing on liability management, on issues such as performance measurement and review, employee counseling, policy development and administration, and terminations. Secures Legal input as required.
- Monitors and ensures Company’s equal employment opportunity (EEO) compliance with state and federal laws. Counsels employees on the discrimination complaint processing system in accordance with EEO laws and regulations. May assist in preliminary EEO investigations as needed.
- Acts as liaison to research and respond to employee questions regarding company programs as they pertain to Company guidelines, such as leaves of absence. Coordinates with the Benefits department to ensure all follow-up is complete within necessary time frames. In addition, acts as a resource to employees when they have a concern regarding any interpretation or application of a work-related guideline by management, supervisors or other employees.
- Consults and provides support and guidance to corporate employees regarding benefits relates issues or inquiries. Serves as corporate contact for guiding employees in resolving issues related to the benefits program.
- Conducts human resource needs analysis and develops and implements a plan of action from this analysis to ensure optimum utilization of human resource services by supervisors, managers, and employees which immediately impacts productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness of the company.
- Implements programs to enhance productivity and reduce liability through improved communications and human resource practices. These include but are not limited to guidelines, performance management, employee counseling, employee and supervisory training, hiring processes and corporate programs.
- Acts as backup for coordinating all information necessary for termination of employment including last payroll check and exit interview process. Processes all related paperwork and ensures that all company property is returned. As needed, coordinates separation agreements with Legal.
- Acts as backup to other group members and maintains procedures for position. Acts as point of contact for employees requesting to view their personnel files.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Eight to ten years minimum Human Resource Generalist experience with emphasis on employee relations is required.
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS
Professional in Human Resources (PHR®) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR®) certification is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Principles, practices, and procedures of personnel administration including human resources and the legal aspects of maintaining employee personnel files. Knowledge of modern office methods, practices, procedures and equipment; clerical methods, techniques, and filing systems. Ability to prepare and organize clear, concise, thorough and grammatically correct written reports, letters and memoranda.
- Principles, practices and procedures of personnel administration and organizational development, including methods and techniques of employee counseling, management and supervisory procedures and practices; applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations, ordinances and policies, methods of improving productivity, efficiencies, and communications in the workplace.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to listen effectively, respond appropriately, and maintain mutual comfort level while relating to a variety of personalities and emotions. Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive job-related information, work independently under general supervision and maintain effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate at all management levels and thrive in a cross-functional environment.
- Effectively represent team and department with an appropriate professional image.
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and arithmetic. Prepares clear, concise, thorough, and grammatically correct written reports and other written documents.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge and experience in working with Microsoft software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
At Insperity, we believe diversity is the #1 quality of leadership. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #CNS