There’s a reason Insperity was ranked in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 34 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and a world-class benefits package, including 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, we’re committed to providing a positive work environment, and to helping our employees succeed both personally and professionally.
Performance Test Engineer
We are currently seeking a Performance Test Engineer to join our team. This position is responsible for closely working with Product Owners, Developers, Solution Designers, and Quality Assurance personnel to gather non-functional requirements, develop and execute performance test scripts, and analyze application performance issues across multiple applications across Insperity’s portfolio.
Under general supervision and much decision-making:
- Acts as an extended scrum team member on multiple teams and conducts system performance testing to ensure application reliability, capacity, and scalability.
- Collaborates with Product Owners, Business Users, and the Scrum team to identify performance requirements and develop a performance testing strategy.
- Designs various types of performance test scripts and executes them based on the application requirements. This can include load testing, stress testing, spike testing, endurance/stability testing, and scalability testing scenarios.
- Monitors both client-side and server-side application performance using in-house and commercial tools.
- Analyzes the performance test results, participates in root cause assessments, and provides recommendations for improvements.
- Provides detailed level test reports.
- Collaborates with the Application Health and Performance team to monitor system performance post-deployment and uses that information to continue to refine tests in pre-production.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field is required.
- Three or more years of professional experience with performance testing, including scripting and custom scripting, and/or software development is required.
- Ability to work effectively in an Agile/Scrum model environment.
- Proficient in understanding the performance testing requirements and converting them to executable performance testing scripts.
- Proficient in automation/performance script creation using NeoLoad or other applicable performance test tools.
- Have an in-depth understanding of how to properly perform parameterization, use checkpoints, develop reusable functions, use correlations, schedule iterations, pacing and think time.
- Knowledge in Performance Workload Modeling and Capacity Planning.
- Perform analysis of client side statistics like response times, throughput, hits per second etc.
- Basic knowledge of web servers (Apache, IIS etc.), application servers (Tomcat, JBoss etc.), database servers (Informix, Oracle, MS SQL etc.).
- Experience with monitoring server performance counters, e.g. CPU utilization (Host/Process), host memory utilization, heap memory usage, thread and connection pools, etc., using AppDynamics and other application monitoring tools.
- Strong analytical, documentation, and communication skills.
- Preferred skills include:
- Knowledge of advanced SQL.
- Working experience with C#, Java, and .NET frameworks in order to participate in design and code inspections to proactively assist in identifying bottlenecks.
- Possesses and applies a knowledge of heap and thread dump analysis, CPU, and memory profiling data .
- Basic development knowledge for custom coding implementation in NeoLoad.
- Working knowledge of MS-Excel (macros, graphs/charts etc.) to automate any test reporting.
- Experience using Visual Studio/TFS for project management and defect tracking.
- Knowledge of Fiddler, JProfiler, Jconsole, or VisualVM.
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.