You have exceptional relationship building skills and a reputation for excellence. You are driven with a strong desire for personal growth and professional success and have no problem rolling up your sleeves to achieve success. You are proud of what you do but are never satisfied with good enough and want to be a valuable contributor to a collective success. If this sounds like you, then we have the opportunity for you!
Part-Time Benefits Coordinator
As a full-service, Federally Qualified Health Center, our client identifies unmet needs and gaps in health-related services and develops client-centered programs to address those needs. A United Way-affiliated agency since 1990, they currently provide adult primary care, pediatrics, dental care, vision services, behavioral health services, OB/GYN and maternity, vaccinations and immunizations, health promotion and community outreach, wellness and nutrition, and comprehensive HIV/AIDS care. Awarded as one of Houston’s Top Work Places in 2016 by the Houston Chronicle, our client is looking for smart, talented people who strongly believe in their mission to driving healthy change in our communities.
The Benefits Coordinator is responsible for administration of employee leaves (FML, disability leaves or absences other than PTO), worker compensation and required benefits reporting. You will answer employee questions and seek guidance and assistance from Benefits Manager to resolve issues with benefits plans or billing when needed. This coordinator will work with the Benefits Manger and other HR staff when needed for project assignments or data organization. Build and maintain a strategic candidate pipeline for future hiring needs, including pipelines for frequently hired roles and for hard to fill roles. Along with these duties, you will also partake in:
- Manage all employee leaves and coordination for short and long disability and life and AD&D plans, and COBRA.
- Manage Workers Compensation plan and turn in incidents reports and coordinate with managers/employees with each incident.
- Answer benefits mailbox questions and HR email questions and refer to Benefits Manger when needed.
- Review billing for gyms, EAP and ancillary benefits.
- Review FSA accounts and make correction when needed and coordinate with Accounting when FSA funding needs to be adjusted.
- Prepare reports required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies, such as IRS, DOL, insurance commissioners and other regulatory agencies that are reviewed and approved by Benefits Manager.
- Share responsibility with Benefits Manager to present benefits information during New Employee Orientation.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent years of relevant work experience.
- 3 years of experience in coordinating benefit plans.
- Computer literacy required, including advanced to intermediate knowledge of Excel, Windows Office and Outlook.
- Must be knowledgeable with all applicable state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to benefits.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, 401k, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #ZR