There’s a reason Insperity ranks in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 32 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and one of the best benefits packages in the business, including 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, our work environment and our commitment to our employees’ personal and professional success are the reasons we’ve been regarded as one of the “Best Places to Work” for 16 years running.
Responsible for creating a “WOW” experience when participating in team interactions with external and internal customers by consistently exceeding expectations. With moderate supervision, supports daily operations and provides support to check processing, packaging, shipping and mail center to ensure services delivered positively impact internal and external customers. Participates and supports team members for sustained individual and team performance. Identify, recommends and implements process improvements that result in improved efficiency, effectiveness and cost savings.
Under general supervision and moderate decision-making:
- Accurately verifies and assembles payrolls for distribution to appropriate parties as defined by Service Center Management, to meet payroll delivery deadlines.
- Upholds the confidentiality of the client and employee database.
- Responsible for reporting systems issues, such as error reports, crashed payrolls, unprinted payrolls, equipment error due to systems and equipment failures.
- Performs open and close processes. Processes test checks, verify accuracy of macros, and start up processes. Performs daily balance against stock used, including working with accounting regarding number of checks processed, damaged, and voided, as needed. Maintains security of area by admitting approved personnel only.
- Maintains check printers and sealers. Inspects accuracy of check number sequence for each package upon opening new boxes of checks and report any discrepancies.
- Processes daily and monthly reports to provide information regarding accuracy and productivity of all check processing and shipping and receiving. Aids in production and problem solving issues.
- Performs physical inventory of checks ordered on a weekly basis and report to supervisor as needed.
- Participates in front desk receptionist relief, as required.
- Supports process and audit efforts to ensure integrity and accountability for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
General Team Support
- Supports and updates team members to ensure positive customer service to internal and external customers.
- Communicates directly with payroll team to provide status of payroll check processing and distribution.
- Keeps supervisor informed of issues, problems, and special needs on a timely basis.
- Supports the facilitation of Disaster Recovery as required.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Degree or GED equivalent is required.
- One to two years related work experience in a production environment with experience in check production, mail operation and facility support.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office programs including Word and Excel and demonstrated ability to learn other application programs as needed. Proficient in multi-type shipping systems.
- High attention to detail and methodology for confirming accuracy in all tasks.
- Customer service experience in a team environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in handling multiple projects/activities in an efficient and timely manner.
- Effective and efficient problem solving skills.
At Insperity, we believe diversity is the #1 quality of leadership. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.