MasTec Advanced Technologies, a division of MasTec, Inc. - as seen on “Undercover Boss,” is one of the country's largest providers of installation services. The Security and Home Automation Team at MasTec Advanced Technologies installs home security and automation.
What do Field Technicians do?
Our Home Automation Pros (Field Technicians) are responsible for designing, installing, upgrading and repairing home security systems along with other home automation devices. Field Technicians use communication, technical knowledge, problem solving, and sales skills to deliver the highest level of customer service.
At MasTec, our most successful techs have these four things in common:
- They are friendly, approachable and comfortable meeting new people and can talk to just about anyone
- They have solid communication skills
- They are “likeable experts” who deliver a good service experience for customers
- They are able to ask questions and deliver solutions based on the customer’s answers
- They are comfortable selling additional products and services to a customer
- They won’t leave a customer’s house until they’ve fully educated the customer on their system
- They have the know-how and persistence to troubleshoot technical system issues
- They like to learn new technologies
- They’ll ensure a quality connection
- They know their way around a smart phone
- Are comfortable working with customer’s WiFi network and Z Wave devices
- They stay up to date on the newest technology
- They have an entrepreneurial mindset
- They represent our client and MasTec with integrity, professionalism and friendly service
- They’re at their best when working independently with little supervision
- They take advantage of multiple resources to find solutions when they run into problems
They are hands-on:
- Works in a safety conscious manner; ensuring they get home safely each day
- They enjoy the variety of assignments from site surveys to equipment installation to troubleshooting
- Must be willing to work with ladders and power tools
- They are good at planning, managing and reconciling the inventory that has been assigned to them
What’s in it for you?
- Paid Training
- Competitive wages
- High-quality tools to get you started
- Uniform, van and gas card
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) with a company match that’s 100% vested (that’s free money)
- Paid time off
- Highly independent work environment and uncapped income potential
- 80% of our Managers started as Techs
Essential Responsibilities (a.k.a. A day in the life of a MasTec Field Technician):
- Responsible for working safely
- Prepare for installations, upgrades, repairs and disconnects by reviewing work orders, gathering equipment, supplies and tools and coordinating schedules with customers by pre-calling customers to verify appointments
- Manage inventory
- Plan installations by evaluating location, locating access and laying-out equipment and wiring plan.
- Establish security systems by installing equipment, programming and calibrating equipment while adhering to codes, regulations and standards.
- Conducts customer premise survey, makes recommendations on equipment placement, up-sells for complete protection, processes work order modifications and manages schedule impacts.
- Ensure that “World Class” customer service is provided to promote superior customer satisfaction by actively participating in individual and team efforts to support customer satisfaction.
EAGER TO START YOUR NEW CAREER WITH MASTEC? Text the word Mastec to 713-322-4224 to get the interview process started!
Does this sound like you? If so, we invite you to apply to MasTec today. Here, we work hard to set you up for success. Come join a leader in the industry today!