The International Facility Management Association (IFMA) is the world's largest and most widely recognized international association for facility management professionals, supporting more than 24,000 members in 93 countries. The association's members, represented in 130 chapters and 17 industry councils worldwide, manage more than 37 billion square feet of property and annually purchase more than US $100 billion in products and services. Formed in 1980, IFMA certifies professionals in facility management, conducts research, provides educational programs and produces World Workplace, the world's largest facility management conference and exposition. To join and follow IFMA's social media outlets online, visit the association's LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube and Twitter pages. For more information, visit the IFMA press room or www.ifma.org.
The Editor’s primary focus is to coordinate all editorial, production, logistical and positioning aspects of the organization’s flagship bimonthly magazine. This position is a hands-on lead who can juggle all the moving parts of the publication, from content planning through development and print/online distribution. The editor also monitors overall magazine financial viability and enhances the value proposition and visibility among and beyond the existing readership base.
- Manage all aspects of magazine from content strategy, thematic planning and production calendar to print and digital production and distribution to ensure punctuality and accuracy.
- Curate content and coordinate author contributions; conduct interviews and write original content; and proofread, edit and rewrite articles to adhere to established publication standards.
- Lead magazine art direction and oversee layout and graphic design.
- Manage external vendor and contractor relationships for magazine production, distribution, graphic design and promotion, including managing subscription lists.
- Track and report on magazine key performance indicators (print subscriptions, digital publication statistics, revenue, etc.) and assist director with determining and monitoring annual budget.
- Nurture long-term relationships with key publication authors, influencers and stakeholders, and develop/maintain content-sharing collaborations that benefit the organization.
- Manage all social media activities for dedicated magazine pages on Twitter and Facebook.
- Spearhead, recommend and execute activities to continually enhance magazine value proposition, grow visibility/readership and drive subscription and advertising revenue.
- Support overall organizational communications objectives and contribute to additional writing, editing and communications directives as needed/assigned.
- Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
- Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; is able to present in a public setting; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Customer Service - Displays courtesy and sensitivity; manages difficult or emotional customer situations; meets commitments; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information. Collects and researches data. Uses intuition and experience to complement data. Designs work flows and procedures. Designs research projects.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism or related field; plus at least 3 years of professional publication editing and production experience.
- Portfolio of writing/publication samples required.
- Seasoned writing and editing skills with nuanced ability to determine and apply appropriate voice/messaging.
- Exceptional eye for detail and knowledge of AP style. Ability to read, write and communicate in English, with strong communications and writing skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret research reports, survey results, business periodicals, professional journals, technical papers and standards.
- Ability to write surveys, reports, articles, marketing copy and business correspondence.
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the publication editing and production experience.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must have advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Adobe Creative suite software (particularly InDesign, InCopy, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat).
- Should be proficient in professional management of social media platforms and support tools, including proven familiarity with SEO. Preferred: Basic HTML/CSS knowledge and familiarity with online content management platforms.
We value our employees’ time and efforts and we work to maintain the best possible environment, where people can learn and grow with the company. We also strive to provide a collaborative, creative atmosphere so that each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by a competitive salary and an extensive benefits package that includes the following:
- Flexible work schedule.
- 401K plan.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits.
- Vacation, sick and floating holidays.
- Future growth opportunities and much more!