Director of Employee Relations – Human Resources
You have exceptional relationship building skills and a reputation for excellence. You are driven with a strong desire for personal growth and professional success and have no problem rolling up your sleeves to achieve success. You are proud of what you do but are never satisfied with good enough and want to be a valuable contributor to a collective success. If this sounds like you, then we have the opportunity for you!
As a full-service, Federally Qualified Health Center, our client identifies unmet needs and gaps in health-related services and develops client-centered programs to address those needs. A United Way-affiliated agency since 1990, they currently provide adult primary care, pediatrics, dental care, vision services, behavioral health services, OB/GYN and maternity, vaccinations and immunizations, health promotion and community outreach, wellness and nutrition, and comprehensive HIV/AIDS care. Awarded as one of Houston’s Top Work Places in 2016 by the Houston Chronicle, our client is looking for smart, talented people who strongly believe in their mission to driving healthy change in our communities.
The Director of Employee Relations guides and manages employee concerns, reviews policies, ensures compliance with applicable federal and state employment regulations, standards, and guidelines. Our client will rely on you to provide exceptional human resource service to employees and management, to work to find solutions to employee complaints and performance management concerns. You will lead the team in managing key employee relation functions and to support HR in compliance with policies and procedures and continued improvement for diversity initiatives and employee engagement. Our client will expect you to be actively involved in the following:
- Develop an employee relations strategy that is aligned with the overall organizational business strategies.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines, etc.
- In conjunction with the VP of HR, represent the organization in lawsuits, grievances and complaints.
- Participate in the Performance Improvement/Quality programs.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- SHRM-SCP certification preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in Human Resources; 5 years at a manager level and higher.
- Experience in mentoring and managing HR teams.
- Demonstrated experience with employee relations, investigations and the resolution of with minimal risk.
- Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screenings.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, 401k, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #ZR