There’s a reason Insperity was ranked in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 33 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
DevOps Engineer Intern
Under close supervision, executes in technical capacity on strategic direction on software development toolchain maintenance, application performance management, shared infrastructure services/frameworks, environment configuration management and support progressive change control & release management processes.
Under much supervision and little decision-making:
- Understands Insperity DevOps platform.
- Learns essential scripting enabling and supporting DevOps practice at Insperity.
- Works / implements components of Insperity Continuous delivery automation platform.
- Participates and provides feedback on selection of DevOps tools.
- Strives to automate everything, passion for configuration management & process improvement.
- Executes on DevOps Engineering roadmap.
- Follows best practices for DevOps Engineering group.
- Collaborates with other groups as necessary to gather input for any DevOps considerations.
- Actively pursuing a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field is required.
- Basic understanding of platform operating systems, including Microsoft Windows or Linux.
- Strong teamwork and collaborative skills, ability and willingness to accept a team decision.
- Maintains positive and effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Possesses a strong customer service attitude.
- Exhibits a strong passion for learning and continuous improvement. Takes responsibility for acquiring new skills and broadening knowledge
- Exhibits a commitment to the utilization of defined standards and processes.
- Exhibits an understanding of the utilization of patterns for repetitive problem solving.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive at identifying ways to improve things and to make them more reliable.
- Preferred skills include:
- Basic understanding of architectural concepts and the fundamentals of good software design.
- Basic understanding of software development life cycles.
- Knowledge of standard web servers (IIS, Apache)
- Familiarity with DevOps practices (continuous integration, continuous delivery, APM and configuration management).
- Knowledge of Microsoft development technologies. Particularly PowerShell/ Shell scripting, .NET Framework, C# and Visual Studio Team System.
At Insperity, we believe diversity is the #1 quality of leadership. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.