There’s a reason Insperity ranks in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 32 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
We are currently seeking a Database Administrator to join our team. This position is responsible for packaging, integrating and maintaining database components onto servers utilizing SQL Server platform.
Under general supervision and much decision-making:
- Interacts with the entire infrastructure to maintain, troubleshoot, optimize and provide recovery for database components.
- Supports, configures, installs, maintains and recovers database systems.
- Provides backups and ensures recoverability of database components and data.
- Tunes and validates database systems, troubleshooting and resolving problems and outages.
- Participates in and coordinates project-based activity to analyze, propose, recommend, develop and deliver changes to the database environment, and maintains projects to monitor progress and communicate action plans.
- Develops standards and guidelines for the server environment and ensures that standards are maintained across all database platforms and environments.
- Ensures that all infrastructure components are consistent with respect to one another (i.e. a complete release).
- Conducts performance checks on the SQL code to ensure all functions and code is performing at the best possible capacity.
- Maintains documentation for all supported systems.
- Interacts with third-party technology vendors and internal employees.
- Works extensively with development staff (all applications), and assists in resolution of hardware/software platform problems in complex, layered, client/server-based software.
- High School Diploma is required. Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering (or related discipline or equivalent experience) is required.
- Four to six years of in-depth experience with Microsoft SQL Server is required. Four to six years of experience in technical infrastructure and operations support environments is preferred.
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist and/or Microsoft Certified IT Professional is preferred.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008.
- SQL Server Analysis Services.
- Knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Services is a plus.
- The ability to monitor and isolate poor performing views, stored procedures, indexes, execution plans and constraints and propose alternative solutions.
- Comprehensive understanding of the application development process.
- The ability to execute traces and to debug database object execution.
- Experience in developing and supporting database management systems and structured query language.
- In-depth understanding of system performance configuration and tuning techniques.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills.
- Successfully developed and implemented new technology and work processes.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and one of the best benefits packages in the business, including 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, our work environment and our commitment to our employees’ personal and professional success are the reasons we’ve been regarded as one of the “Best Places to Work” for 16 years running.
At Insperity, we believe diversity is the quality of leadership. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.