Ingersoll Rand Security Technologies
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Trane - Account Manager
at Ingersoll Rand Security Technologies
AtIngersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around theworld. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable,sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family ofbrands—including Club Car®, Ingersoll Rand®, Thermo King®, Trane®, American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® -work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings;transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrialproductivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world ofsustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusiveenvironment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring adiverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United Statesqualified protected veterans.
Trane is looking for an Account Manager to join it's team in Fort Worth, TX. In this role you will be responsiblefor developing long-term customer relationships and maximizing accountpenetration and customer retention with building owner accounts.
ESSENTIALFUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other functions maybe assigned.
- Provides knowledge and consultation in the form of developing HVAC system related solutions for the customer's problems, including financial and performance-based considerations.
- Utilizes Account management process to identify key customers and to develop specific action plans to grow identified accounts.
- Consistently ascertains customer needs and current market opportunities. Assembles and coordinates acquisition team as needed for customers and projects.
- Identifies potential opportunities with existing and new customers.
- Converts leads into opportunities by assigning the appropriate sales process, identifying the required sales team members, making assignments, and communicating the next steps in the process.
- Develops multiple relationships with buying influences in the customer's organization, including facility manager, project managers, project engineers, and purchasing.
- Develops and executes an account specific business plan to identify the long term, mutual support requirements required to facilitate a strong, profitable and successful partnership.
- Provides total account business reports and annual forecasts.
- Maintains an acceptable rate of business acquisition.
- Provides quotes for service repairs, change outs, IAQ, and energy solutions including quotes for time and material as well as fixed price services.
- Contacts responsible parties for purposes of securing renewal of service contracts.
- Prepares and submits required management activity reports.
- Collects project data and compares to the office's capabilities.
- Gathers or validates preliminary information and performs facility walkthrough to determine level of opportunity.
- Develops, evaluates, and discusses possible solutions with customer.
- Estimates project by analyzing and integrating equipment, controls, subcontractors, and services for each project using Trane business systems.
- Develops preliminary project fulfillment schedule.
- Prepares and finalizes preliminary/final proposal. Enters customer/project information into business systems.
- Validates the preliminary proposal with customer.
- Determines proposal price and selling strategy.
- Prepares, negotiates, and reviews agreement/project scope.
- Presents/reviews proposal and/or contract with all buying influences negotiating scope of agreement/project.
- Follows up with buying influences.
- Prepares transition documents and communicates project readiness for assignment to operations team.
- Resolves major deviations from scope with team after Project Scope Validation.
- Assists customers in answering technical questions on HVAC systems, Trane Products, and relevant industry issues.
- Flexibility to work outside normal work hours, as required.
Maydirectly supervise sales support personnel. Carries out supervisoryresponsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicablelaws. Responsibilities may include interviewing and training employees;planning, assigning, and directing work; and appraising performance.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform eachessential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representativeof the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to performthe essential functions.
Associate'sdegree in engineering, engineering technology or business management or other,coupled with three to five years experience in facilities or HVAC services; orequivalent combination of education and experience. Working knowledge ofHVAC systems, service agreements, and Microsoft Office products.
Abilityto read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, contracts,professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groupsof managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Abilityto calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions,proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability toapply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Abilityto define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw validconclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technicalinstructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract andconcrete variables.
Mustpossess a valid driver's license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major orfrequent traffic violations including, but not limited to:
- DUI in the previous 5 years
- Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless / Careless Driving or multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the previous 3 years.
PHYSICALDEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of thosethat must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functionsof this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals withdisabilities to perform the essential functions.
Whileperforming the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talkand hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, and use handsto operate computer keyboard, and telephone. The employee is occasionallyrequired to stand; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop,kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to25 pounds.
WORKENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here arerepresentative of those an employee encounters while performing the essentialfunctions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Thisposition works in a typical office environment with visits to other offices,plants, and job sites. Frequent outdoor travel is required to visitcustomers. During visits to job sites, the employee is occasionallyexposed to moving mechanical parts, extreme heat, and risk of electricalshock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional,personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that alignswith our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live yourhealthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture thatengages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of ouremployee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions andenhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiringprogress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societiesoperate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.