IMI Precision Engineering
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at IMI Precision Engineering
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- IMI Critical Engineering
IMI Z&J is a specialty high temperature, severe service, custom designed valve company with a long history of supplying valves to the Integrated Steel Mills, Petroleum Refineries and Chemical Industry.
Welds metal components together with a variety of arc and gas welding equipment and processes to fabricate or repair a variety of new and repaired components by performing the following duties.
- Performs related tasks such as thermal cutting, grinding and arc gouging.
- Repairs broken or cracked parts, fills holes, and increases size of metal parts.
- Positions and clamps together components of fabricated metal products preparatory to welding.
- Ability to speak and understand the English language
- Demonstrate skills needed to fabricate parts, large and small.
- Ability to read, comprehend and understand welding procedures
- Preform parts layout
- Safely and competently operate overhead cranes
- Communicate with supervisors and fellow operators
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Follow and comply with all Safety Rules and procedures
- Report any near-misses, incidents and possible hazards
- Maintain and use all issued personal protective equipment
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Basic reading, writing, and some advanced math skills required
- Experience using one or more of the following weld processes: FCAW, GMAW, SMAW, GTAW, SAW preferred