IMI Precision Engineering
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Outside Sales Engineer - NCOG Shale Gas, Southwest
at IMI Precision Engineering
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- IMI Critical Engineering
Control Components Inc., an IMI Company, is the world's leading expert in providing engineered valve, actuation, and control solutions that enhance performance and reliability in critical plant applications. Power generation, oil and gas production, petrochemical, and pulp and paper facilities worldwide all rely on IMI CCI’s high integrity control systems for the safety of their operations. Our engineers have been "Turning Engineering Knowledge into Solutions since 1961. IMI CCI puts a strong focus on employee development, and your success in this role could set you up to move in a number of directions. IMI CCI provides an opportunity to assist in the development of leading-edge products and services -- after over 50 years of supporting severe service applications in the oil and gas and power industries, IMI CCI has amassed a portfolio of multiple technologies. Some of the most notable brands within the portfolio include BTG, DRAG, ABJ, STI, and Fluid Kinetics. These products have been used in applications ranging from general to severe service and in industries as diverse as solar thermal power to compressor anti-surge for the latest LNG facilities.
Conduct sales activities for the assigned region, pursuing and securing bookings of spare parts, field service, repairs, new valves, and upgrades of existing IMI CCI equipment. Candidate will interface directly with current customers, pursue new customer base, and be responsible for meeting established sales goals and growing the area’s business (Southeast Region). This position will be mainly focused on growing the Shale Gas production industry.
Support current installed base and integrate new business growth and products into existing IMI CCI NCOG Shale Gas model, with identification and execution of initiatives to meet the yearly sales targets.
- Managing sales and key account activities in the Shale gas industry.
- Key point of contact for clients providing support for sales and operations requirement.
- Deliver technical presentations and proactively sell new products and services to existing clients
- Focus on winning new business to increase the company's market share in key shale plays
- Manage the process of putting together and delivering tenders and proposals for new and existing customers
- Make regular calls at end user plants & corporate offices and meet with operations, maintenance, engineering, and purchasing personnel to promote inspection and maintenance programs as well as promote IMI CCI products to replace competitor installations.
- Develop and implement strategic sales plan to close orders and meet and/or exceed annual sales goals, for the region of responsibility.
- Provide input and direct factory sales engineers in preparation of proposals, including input on strategy.
- Build strong relationships with existing IMI CCI customers and develop new customers, not currently using IMI CCI products.
- Identify and track all significant outage/turnaround activity, and arrange support activities.
- Utilize IMI CCI software for routine sales activities and outage management / territory development
- Conduct and facilitate Severe Service Valve Training Seminars promoting IMI CCI products, product training, and preventative maintenance training programs to end users.
- Prepare and review region sales activities and marketing plans with co-workers and supervisors on a weekly basis, including creating accurate itineraries for each week.
- Develop and implement strategies for increasing IMI CCI customer base within the region of responsibility.
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the company's engineered product design, functions, applications, and specifications.
- Review IMI CCI’s installed base and identify less active accounts as well as new accounts.
- Provide technical and marketing support to other IMI CCI sales personnel and sales representatives if applicable. Represent company at trade association meetings to promote products and services. (i. ISA Local Meetings).
- Track budget to keep expenses within guidelines.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- B.S. in Engineering or 3 to 5 years of experience in related field or similar role; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Preferably located in Houston, Texas
- Technical sales background in Oil & Gas Industry
- Experience selling valves and/or instrumentation
- Oil & Gas Industry knowledge with specific product line experience within Shale gas production
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of control valve sizing and specification.
- Customer Relations skills
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Informative and persuasive sales presentations to customers.
- Knowledge of principles and theories of mechanical engineering and fluid dynamics.
- Knowledge of severe service control valve competitor products is preferred.
- Skills and experience in closing major sales
- Power plant or paper mill, or refinery experience highly preferable.
- Good organizational skills preferred.
- Work well in a multi-task environment is preferred.
- Detail oriented is preferred
- Computer literate (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is preferred.
- Skills in identifying prospects for company products are preferred.
- Must be willing to travel: 60+%