IMI Precision Engineering
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Field Service Technician
at IMI Precision Engineering
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- IMI Critical Engineering
IMI IMI CCI is part of the $1bn Critical Engineering Division of IMI plc. Our engineers have been "Turning Engineering Knowledge” into Solutions since 1961. IMI IMI CCI puts a strong focus on employee development, and your success in this role could set you up to move in a number of directions. IMI IMI CCI provides an opportunity to assist in the development of leading edge products and services -- after 50 years of supporting critical engineering applications in the oil and gas and power industries, IMI IMI CCI has amassed a portfolio of multiple technologies. Some of the most notable brands within the portfolio include BTG, DRAG, ABJ and Fluid Kinetics. These products have been used in applications ranging from general to critical engineering services and in industries as diverse as solar thermal power to compressor anti-surge for the latest LNG facilities. The Americas region of IMI IMI CCI is headquartered in California, with other operational locations in the Czech Republic, India, South Korea, Sweden, Italy, Austria, Japan and Switzerland. IMI IMI CCI is characterized by a wide geographical spread of operating and commercial sites, reporting into a regional leadership structure.
For more information on IMI IMI CCI, go to http://www.imi-critical.com/Brands/IMI-CCI/Pages/default.aspx or for an overview of IMI Critical Engineering, go to http://www.imi-critical.com/Pages/default.aspx
Plans and coordinates activities concerned with investigating and resolving customer reports of technical problems with severe service valve and eliminating future operational or service difficulties by performing the following duties.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Key responsibilities of this position include (other responsibilities may be assigned):
- Perform field service assignments involving installation, start-up maintenance, and repair/replacement of IMI CCI and Sulzer Valve Product at customer plants. Field service will consist of interfacing with customer to direct performance of site maintenance personnel or personally performing the required maintenance tasks.
- Recommends design and drawing changes to Engineering department and prepares as built sketches for Engineering review and for inclusion into design/drawing changes.
- Evaluates and analyzes technical problems and collaborates as needed with Engineering in the development of solutions. This is applicable to all severe service control valves.
- Looks for opportunities to increase IMI CCI installed base of valves through replacement, retrofits, or upgrades to IMI CCI supplied valves. Coordinates with IMI CCI Sales Department to maximize exposure to every valve and spare parts opportunity.
- Makes judicious use of authority to make independent choices free from immediate direction or supervision.
- Other assignments as required.
- Timely submittal of Expense Reports and Service Reports.
- Instructs/trains customers in the proper maintenance and repair of IMI CCI products.
- Advises customers of adequate spare parts levels and product upgrades and working with IMI CCI Sales Department to capitalize on the opportunities.
- Troubleshooting problems involving IMI CCI products and determining methods of repair and/or replacement.
- Managing unforeseen challenges that arise during the execution of the on-site activities such as missing or wrong spare parts, the need for unexpected body repairs, upset or anxious customers, etc.
- Works with IMI CCI Engineering Department to resolve design and/or manufacturing errors.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Technical aspects of IMI CCI, BTG Bailey, and Sulzer products.
- Valve and actuator assembly and disassembly.
- Blueprint/Drawing reading.
- Basic machining.
- Basic operation of Power Plants and Refineries.
- Control system calibration.
- Computer operations such as Word, Excel, E-mail.
- Knowledge of various inspection techniques such as MP, PT, etc.
- Skills in managing on-site field service activities necessary to complete the valve project to the satisfaction of the customer, and as contracted and agreed upon by IMI CCI.
- Skills in exercising independent judgment in the analysis, resolution, and execution of solutions to technical problems associated with all severe service valves, especially IMI CCI and Sulzer.
- Ability to travel 75% of the time, domestically or internationally, on as little as 24 hour notice.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock when in the shop area to inspect valves.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate (office/cubicle environment with computers, fax machines and printers operating) to loud (manufacturing environment with large machinery operating).
IMI CCI is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.