Iberia Bank Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mortgage Loan Officer - Houston
at Iberia Bank Corporation
A Mortgage Loan Officer II is responsible for originating mortgage loans, submitting applications and facilitating essential communication between parties throughout the process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for soliciting and servicing a variety of residential mortgage loans.
• Interviews applicants, collects financial data and documents, and makes recommendations regarding the loan products that best meet the borrower's needs.
• Assists buyers in the purchase process through closing.
• Make external and internal sales calls.
• Comply with regulatory, secondary market and bank policies and guidelines.
• All other duties as assigned.
1. Directly responsible for directing, coordinating, and evaluating designated units or certain personnel in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; providing pay change recommendations; disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Additionally, the qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required in this position:
1. High school diploma or GED with some college preferred and at least 6 months of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Working knowledge of real estate loan documentation preferred.
3. Working knowledge of lending regulations preferred.
COMPUTER AND OFFICE EQUIPMENT SKILLS
1. Microsoft Office suite