IAP Worldwide Services, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Heavy Equipment Operator
at IAP Worldwide Services, Inc.
IAP – Ingenuity and Purpose
A world-class leader in providing seasoned program management, IAP leverages and integrates its capabilities to provide safe, innovative, and reliable solutions to meet customers' diverse and complex challenges. IAP operates in more than 110 locations in 27 countries worldwide and maintains offices in the Washington DC area, Florida, Maryland, Oklahoma, the United Kingdom, and the Middle East.
Essential Job Functions:
- Regularly operates a tractor with semi-trailer or full trailer combination, couples and uncouples the tractor and trailer, and connects and disconnects the air brakes and electrical lines.
- Operator assures that cargo being delivered to other government installations or ports of debarkation are properly distributed and secured, and that the vehicle is not loaded beyond capacity.
- Selects the safest, most direct, and legally allowed route to be followed, and identifies alternative routes to be used in emergency situations, should they arise.
- Maneuvers the vehicle within close tolerances when driving and backing over uneven ground and in narrow or congested areas, between buildings or other vehicles.
- Operates heavy equipment such, heavy loaders, carryalls, bulldozers, rollers, scrapers, and large industrial tractors with pan or scrapper attachments.
- Excavates, loads or moves dirt, gravel or other materials.
- Lifts, positions and adjusts materials, equipment or personnel platforms at heights ranging from several inches to 130 feet.
- Reads and interprets grade and slope stakes and simple plans.
- Drives truck with capacity of more than 3 tons to transport and deliver cargo, materials, or damaged vehicle.
- Maintains truck log according to state and federal regulations and keeps record of materials and products transported.
This position will be located at various locations both CONUS and OCONUS
Education & Experience:
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to operate a Backhoe, Forklift, Bobcat, etc.
- Must have a clean driving record and operate company vehicle in a safe manner.
- HAZMAT training is required for any transporting of hazardous materials or waste.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSE, REGISTRATION, ETC:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with a current U.S. Passport.
- Requires valid state DOT driver’s license and CDL.
Security Clearance: Must have and maintain an U.S. Secret Clearance
This Position is Contingent upon Contract Award.