Huffman Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Huffman Independent School District
Job Title: Maintenance, Skilled Wage/Hour Status: Nonexempt
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor Pay Grade: MT - 6
Dept. /School: Maintenance Date Revised: August 2016
Execute specified craft in the performance of general maintenance and repair of building structures and their mechanical, electrical, and sanitary systems throughout district. Assist with maintenance of grounds.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Valid Texas driver’s license
Be proficient in the performance and/or certified of the given trade; carpenter, electrician, plumber, painter, etc.
Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
Knowledge of basic construction and routine maintenance and repair procedures
Ability to communicate effectively (verbally)
Ability to operate hand and power tools
Ability to work independently
Must be dependable and punctual
Must have the ability to properly lift, from floor to shoulder level and carry at least 80 lbs
One year experience in general building maintenance
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Maintenance and Repair
- Repair and maintenance of district facilities, including repairing woodwork; replacing electrical switches, fixtures, and motors; painting, repairing, and replacing plumbing fixtures and drainage systems; and replacing broken glass.
- Select material and hardware and make time and materials estimates.
- Detect needed repairs on buildings, grounds, and equipment by following established inspection procedures.
- Maintain accurate records on material and labor used.
- Maintain inventory of district-owned tools, equipment, and materials.
- Inspect jobs upon completion and ensure areas are clean.
- Work with building principals and supervisors to complete projects.
- Respond to emergency calls as needed.
- Inspect building exterior and interior, playground equipment, and grounds; perform maintenance and minor repairs.
- Detect and report needed major repairs on building structures and their systems, including lockers, furniture, and equipment.
- Complete repairs as requested on work orders or by maintenance lead man.
- Assist with mowing and detailing of district grounds.
- Assist with relocation of furnishings, such as desks, tables, chairs, file cabinets, etc.
- Move, install, assemble, and repair all school furniture and playground equipment as needed.
- Hang pictures, mirrors, blackboards, bulletin boards, projection screens, towel dispensers, soap dispensers, and other items as required.
- Install door and window assemblies and hardware, including window glass and screens.
- Install ceiling and flooring materials.
- Operate light truck to transport furniture and equipment throughout district.
- Operate equipment and use tools following established safety procedures.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting, climbing, etc.
- Correct unsafe conditions in the area and report any conditions that are not correctable to the supervisor immediately.
- Maintain tools and equipment and perform preventive maintenance as required.
- Report promptly to the supervisor any accident or illness of staff or students.
- Other duties as assigned by administration.
- Promote, participate, and facilitate in a teamwork center manner.
Job Contact Information
Tuesday, February 25, 2020 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)