Huffman Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance, Grounds Keeper
at Huffman Independent School District
Job Title: Maintenance, General (Groundskeeper) Wage/Hour Status: Nonexempt
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor Pay Grade: MT - 4
Dept. /School: Maintenance Date Revised: May 2017
Perform general maintenance and repair of building structures and their mechanical, electrical, and sanitary systems throughout district. Assist with maintenance of grounds.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Valid Texas driver’s license
Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
Knowledge of basic construction and routine maintenance and repair procedures
Ability to communicate effectively (verbally)
Ability to operate hand and power tools
Ability to work independently
Must be dependable and punctual
Must have the ability to properly lift, from floor to shoulder level and carry at least 80 lbs
One year experience in general building maintenance
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Grounds and Landscaping
- Mow and detail all district grounds, including athletic fields.
- Follow scheduled maintenance plan to care for lawns, trees, shrubs, and flowers by watering, pruning, fertilizing, mulching, caring for beds, and controlling weeds.
- Plant shrubs and vegetation.
- Assist with the preparation of athletic fields for games, including chalking fields.
- Collect and dispose of leaves, dirt, rubbish, and refuse from district facilities.
- Assist with the inspection, repair, and installation of sprinkler systems.
Maintenance and Repair
- Assist skilled workers with repair and maintenance of district facilities, including repairing woodwork; replacing electrical switches, fixtures, and motors; painting, repairing, and replacing plumbing fixtures and drainage systems; and replacing broken glass.
- Inspect building exterior and interior, playground equipment, and grounds; perform maintenance and minor repairs.
- Detect and report needed major repairs on building structures and their systems, including lockers, furniture, and equipment.
- Complete repairs as requested on work orders or by maintenance lead man.
- Assist with mowing and detailing of district grounds.
- Assist with relocation of furnishings, such as desks, tables, chairs, file cabinets, etc.
- Move, install, assemble, and repair all school furniture and playground equipment as needed.
- Hang pictures, mirrors, blackboards, bulletin boards, projection screens, towel dispensers, soap dispensers, and other items as required.
- Install door and window assemblies and hardware, including window glass and screens.
- Install ceiling and flooring materials.
- Operate light truck to transport furniture and equipment throughout district.
- Operate equipment and use tools following established safety procedures.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting, climbing, etc.
- Correct unsafe conditions in the area and report any conditions that are not correctable to the supervisor immediately.
- Maintain tools and equipment and perform preventive maintenance as required.
- Report promptly to the supervisor any accident or illness of staff or students.
- Other duties as assigned by administration.
- Promote, participate, and facilitate in a teamwork center manner.
Power tools (drill, saw, etc.), hand tools, welder (gas and electric air), concrete mixer, mower, weed trimmer, blower, edger, and garden tools.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Continual walking and standing; frequent heavy lifting and carrying; climbing, stooping, bending, kneeling, and reaching. Work outside and inside. Exposure to extreme temperatures, dust, fumes, and odors. Exposure to mechanical, electrical, and chemical hazards. Work around moving objects or vehicles.
Job Contact Information
Tuesday, June 4, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)