Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Block Advisors - Team Leader
at H&R Block
Block Advisors - Team Leader
Are you driven by solving problems and enjoy leading people? Block Advisors is looking for a passionate Team Leaders to accelerate our year-round tax business by managing a single Block Advisor tax office and providing leadership to a customer-centric team of associates.
Block Advisors is an H&R Block brand that redefined the tax preparation experience for individuals and small businesses with complex tax and business service needs. As a Team Leader at Block Advisors office you will serve as the front-line manager responsible for leadership and development of tax office associates, delivering an outstanding client experience, and achieving all office related growth objectives (i.e., clients, revenue and earnings). You?ll also act as a knowledgeable resource on tax topics and products to associates, and prepare accurate tax returns for clients, as needed.
You'll begin working a flexible part-time schedule in the fall as you ramp up for the busy tax season, then transition to a full-time schedule from January through April. After working a successful tax season, you will work a reduced work schedule during the summer months and may even apply for advancement opportunities.
What you'll do...
- Partner with the District General Manager to create and implement office-level growth plans, which includes developing local partnerships and managing office community involvement
- Serve as point of contact for onsite escalated client service concerns
- Ensure clients are scheduled properly and conflicts are resolved
- Lead daily activities to ensure that all tax office associates work is completed according to deadlines, with attention to quality standards, priorities and overall goals
- Build an engaging team environment by training and coaching associates to execute on Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and recognizing outstanding associate contributions
- Lead daily team meetings and communicate essential information to tax office associates
- Create associate work schedules and ensure accurate timekeeping and overtime management
- Prepare tax returns, as required, upon successful completion of the Income Tax Course
Tax Office Job Categories
BA Team Leader
What you'll bring to the team...
- Prior experience working in a customer service or similar role
- Experience supervising or managing people
- Successful completion of the H&R Block Tax Knowledge Assessment or Income Tax Course
- Annual completion of 18-hours of continuing education and ability to meet all other IRS and applicable state requirements
- Customer-centric mindset with strong communication skills
- Computer proficient with the ability to use MS Office
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Passionate, determined, resilient under stress and a will to win attitude
- Able to work a flexible work schedule of 40 hours per week and flexibility in work assignments based on business needs
- HS diploma/GED or higher
- 3+ years as a Tax Professional
Bilingual candidates strongly encouraged to apply!