Houlihan Lokey Howard & Zukin
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Vice President - Financial Advisory Services (Machinery and Equipment - Tax and Financial Reporting)
at Houlihan Lokey Howard & Zukin
Locations: Either Houston or New York City
Financial Advisory Services
Over the past 40 years, Houlihan Lokey has established one of the largest worldwide financial advisory practices. Our transaction expertise and leadership in the field of valuation inspire confidence in the financial executives, boards of directors, special committees, retained counsel, investors, and business owners we serve. In 2018, Thomson Reuters ranked us the No. 1 U.S. M&A fairness opinion advisor over the past 20 years.
Our stability, integrity, technical leadership, and global capabilities make us a trusted advisor for clients worldwide, across a wide range of services, including Transaction Opinions, Transaction Advisory Services, Tax & Financial Reporting Valuation, Portfolio Valuation & Fund Advisory Services, Real Estate Valuation & Advisory Services, Dispute Resolution Consulting, and Tech+IP Advisory.
Vice Presidents and above are officers of the firm and equity owners.
Compensation includes base with attractive/achievable bonus opportunity and equity alongside other benefits.
Outstanding career track with opportunity to earn promotions in meritocracy environment. Firm has historically high employee promotion track record.
Work on an investment banking platform without independence conflicts experienced in the big four.
We team closely with our corporate finance and restructuring colleagues across all our industry platforms, on a variety of projects and accounts.
· Review and analyze fixed asset ledgers, inventory listings, financial statements, and documents specific to machinery and equipment assets
· Research 3rd party sources for comparables for both new and used cost of specific assets
· Estimate replacement cost new, fair values, remaining useful life, and liquidation values of machinery and equipment assets
· Conduct physical site inspections at client sites
· Ensuring that all work product is accurate and complete
· Review and preparation of reports and presentations to team and clients, including graphic and written sections
· Assist senior officers in go-to-market activities and participate in industry specific initiatives
· Approximately seven plus years of relevant experience with the valuation practice of an accounting or national valuation firm, or related experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or Engineering
· Possession of, or progress toward, industry certifications and licenses, e.g., ASA, MRICS, CPA, CFA a plus
· Willing to travel
· Strong client management and business development skills
· Thorough competence in Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint
· Financial modeling skills including experience building and reviewing complex models
· Demonstrated record of solving complex problems and completing challenging projects
· Knowledge of machinery and equipment valuation techniques
· Basic knowledge of accounting policies
· Ability to work well in a team environment and/or independently
· Strong business writing and presentation skills
· Strong work ethic and attention to detail
Equal Opportunity Employer