Hospital Corporation of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse (RN) - CV ICU
at Hospital Corporation of America
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center –Webster, TX
Registered Nurse (RN) – CV ICU
Shift: Full Time/Days
Clear Lake RegionalMedical Center, where sophisticated, world-class medicine meets thecomfort, care, and convenience of a community hospital. For more than 40 years,Clear Lake Regional Medical Center has been providing high-quality,cost-effective, comprehensive healthcare to the Bay Area Houston region.
Some of the servicesprovided at Clear Lake Regional Medical Center include:
- Breast Diagnostic Center
- Cancer care
- Diabetes management
- Level III emergency department
- ACR-accredited imaging center
- One-on-one therapy
- Neuroscience and neurology
- Minimally-invasive and robotic surgery
- Wound treatment center
- Women's and Children's Center
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center, a Top Performer on Joint Commission Key Qualities,opened its doors in 1972. Today, we have approximately 2,000 staff members and900 physicians in multiple specialties – more talent and experience than anyother hospital in the region.
Clear Lake Regional MedicalCenter is looking for a RegisteredNurse (RN) – ICU
- Responsible for assessing, planning,implementing and evaluating care for assigned patients.
- Responsible for meeting the Standardsof Practice for Cardiovascular Intermediate Care Unit and managing all assignedpersonnel, supplies, and equipment.
- Participates in activities to plan,measure, assess and improve the quality of patient care.
- Responds to Code Blue and implementslife-saving measures, per ACLS protocol.
- Interprets EKG rhythm strips, on alltelemetry patients.
- Monitors special drugs (i.e., Dopamine,Lidocaine, Dobutrex, and Cardizem) and other cardiac drugs, as per protocol.Assesses patients in an ongoing manner, per protocol.
- Assists physician with procedures, asneeded (i.e., thoracentesis, chest tube insertion, and venous accessdevices). Assumes the responsibility of charging the unit, as needed.
- Responsible for assessment of patientwith telemetry monitoring and/or continuous pulse oximeter.
- Responsible for maintaining customerfriendly atmosphere. Draws blood from venous lines.
- Models and reinforces behaviorconsistent with goals for teaching the patient, communicates patient status toappropriate member of the healthcare team, and provides support to the family,as needed.
- Scanning supplies from P.O.U. area.Responsible for ensuring Through-Put Plan is enforced and followed.
- Responsible for scanning patientarmbands and administering medications via E-MAR.
- Responsible for entering orders viaOrder Management in computer
- Responsible for ensuring core measurepatients are identified and protocols followed.
- Responsible for maintaining patientsafety goals
- Graduate of an accredited School ofProfessional Nursing is required.
- 12-18 months of Intermediate Care RN experience in an acute care setting.
- Current Texas or compact statelicensure with State Board of Nurse Examiners
- Current BCLS certification from the American Heart Associationrequired.
- ACLS certification within three months of hire.
- NIHSS certification within 6 months of hire, unless currentlycertified then needs to be maintained.
- 5 hours of acute stroke education annually.
Vacation, 401k,Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Dental, vision,life and disability insurance, wellness resources and flexible spendingaccounts,
along with othervoluntary benefit options and programs.