Hospital Corporation of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Access Team Lead
at Hospital Corporation of America
The Patient Access Team Lead is responsible for providing feedback on daily registration processes and staffing issues to the Patient Access Supervisor or Patient Access Manager. Provide assistance to staff level employees as necessary to insure compliance with department policies and procedures. Assist leadership with staffing, report reconciliation, QA process, and other duties as assigned.
Duties (included but not limited to):
• Staff and order supplies according to budget guidelines and department needs
• Assists Manager and/or Supervisor in creating staff schedules and ensures adequate coverage
• Model AIDET guidelines in all interactions with the patient and ensure staff are adhering to the patient experience expectations.
• Promotes and demonstrates excellent customer service
• Maintain QA statistics (including patient wait times, etc.) and report results to Supervisor or Manager.
• Oversee the daily activities of the registration area to insure department standards are met
• Assists Supervisor and/or Manager in educating registration staff of any changes pertinent to their roles
• When appropriate, relieve staff members during employee sick/vacation time
• Secure all signatures necessary for treatments, release of medical information, assignment of insurance benefits and payment of services from legally responsible patients
• Work closely and professionally with nursing and ancillary departments in effort to maintain a teamwork approach
• Excel in all functions performed by patient representatives in all registration areas
• Collect/request deposits and copays
• Assume on-call responsibilities to insure adequate staffing and problem-solving
• Register all patient types
• Assists in resolving patient concerns
• Assist Supervisor or Manager to insure all personnel department policies and procedures are followed
• Act in capacity of supervisor or Manager in his/her absence, and inform Supervisor or Manager of all issues upon his/her return
• Maintains effectiveness of patient flow
• Attends in-service presentations, and completes mandatory education, including but not limited to, infection control, patient safety, quality improvements, MSDS and OSHA standards.
• Demonstrates knowledge of occurrence reporting system and utilizes system to report potential patient safety issues.
• Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
• Other duties as assigned
- Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
- Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by constantly meeting and exceeding expectations
- Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
- PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in PC applications as required
- Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
- Basic skills - able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 3 years Patient Access experience preferred