Hospital Corporation of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Laboratory Technician
at Hospital Corporation of America
- Authorized to perform assigned diagnostic test procedures accurately in accordance with the written policies and procedures.
- Adheres to quality control protocols. Performs and document proscribed maintenance procedures as instructed.
- Can work without supervision. Recognizes errors and proceeds to resolve them using appropriate resources.
- Report work accurately, legibly and in accordance with the criteria for abnormal and critical values. Does not need supervisory review prior to reporting results.
- Work efficiently and respond to stats and other priority tests to provide optimum patient care.
- Interact professionally with Laboratory personnel and with other Hospital departments.
- Assist with evaluation of equipment and procedures, orient new employees and work with students as requested.
- May be assigned to other tasks and/or required to vary schedule to meet the needs of the laboratory and the patients.
- Will comply with universal precautions and adhere to safety standards and practices.
- Will use the Laboratory Computer System and will be assigned to the security level appropriate to the job.
- May be assigned to other tasks and/or be required to vary schedule to meet the needs of the Laboratory & the patients.
- Demonstrates commitment to ASPIRE standards.
Experience: Preferably one to two years of clinical experience, but considerationmay be given to a new graduate.
Education: Associate degree in Medical Technologyor equivalent from an accredited institution preferred. Or have completed anaccredited 50 week, U.S. Military Medical Laboratory training.
SpecialQualifications: Must be detail oriented and able to operatemechanical, electrical and computer controlled instrumentation. Have a working knowledge of PCs andLaboratory Information Systems. Possess knowledge and skills necessary toprovide care appropriate to the age of the patients served, in an ageappropriate manner, and to involve significant others, as necessary orindicated.