Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Licensed Medical Social Worker PT
at Hospice Partners
Licensed Medical Social Worker
Alamo Hospice - Conroe is looking for a Licensed Medical Social Worker who is knowledgeable on the resources in the community, enthusiastic regarding their work, and communicates well with families and coworkers. The Licensed Medical Social Worker provides direct casework and counseling services to the patient/family unit. The Social Worker provides diagnostic evaluation of psychosocial problems and defines social service goals for alleviating problems.
- Demonstrate exceptional service to patients, families, referral sources, co-workers and other customers.
- Perform the psychosocial assessment of patients and families/caregivers in the hospice program in a timely manner and ensure that identified needs are addressed in the patient’s Plan of Care.
- Provide an assessment in the patient's identified residence and assistance when this is not safe and another plan is required.
- Counsel patient, family/caregivers and staff as needed in relationship to stress and other identified coping difficulties.
- Provide assistance with applications for Supplemental Security Income, Hospice, Medicaid, and Medicaid Waiver.
- Obtain resources from community social, health, pharmaceutical and welfare agencies to assist in meeting patient/family needs.
- Maintain and develop contracts with public and private agencies as resources for patient and personnel. Serve as liaison between patients and families/caregivers and community agencies.
- Participate in the development of the individualized Plan of Care and attend regularly scheduled Interdisciplinary Group meetings.
- Communicate with hospitals, doctors, and other health care providers regarding existing and potential billing problems and coordinate efforts to resolve them.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with long-term care staff.
Benefits at our organization include:
- Annual personal days in addition to PTO and paid holidays
- Education and hospice certification reimbursement program
- Mileage reimbursement or vehicle stipend
- 401K match option
- Health benefits that cover wellness visits at no cost
- Company paid dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Health Reimbursement account for those enrolled in health benefits
- FSA medical account
- FSA dependent care
- Company paid long-term disability
- Short-term disability option
- Company paid covered life insurance policy
- Voluntary life insurance options for employee, spouse and children
- Opportunities for additional hours
- Bonus opportunities
- Advancement opportunities
Be a licensed driver with a good driving record with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or organization requirements and is in good working order. Demonstrate excellent observation, problem solving, verbal and written communications. Proficient with verbal and written communications. Self-directed with the ability to organize and independently prioritize workload/workday in a rapid pace, non-structured environment. Positive, “can-do" attitude. Able to effectively document utilizing an electronic medical record system.
Licensed Medical Social Worker. A graduate of a master’s program in Social Work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education in states that require a Master’s Degree in Social Work to practice in a hospice setting. Minimum of one year's experience in health care, hospice experience preferred.