Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Claims Field Adjuster - Dallas Texas
at Homesite Insurance
Homesite Insurance was founded in 1997 and was one of the first companies to enable customers to purchase home insurance directly online, during a single visit. Since then, we've continued to innovate rapidly to meet the needs of our customers and their changing expectations.
One thing that's stayed the same since our founding: our commitment to our customers, partners and employees.
Join us on our journey as we continue to grow into a powerful contender in the field of insurance.
Interested in being considered for future Field Adjuster roles with Homesite in the Dallas area? Please apply here!
Investigate, negotiate, evaluate and settle first property claims within given authority while providing fair, timely, reliable and professional claims service to our policyholders. Position is located in Dallas, Texas.
Essential Job Functions:
- Investigate claims
- Physically inspecting the property, loss, and/or damages
- Interview insureds, claimants and witnesses
- Ask appropriate questions and probe to gather required information
- Request and obtain necessary information from third parties
- Create damage/loss report
- Complete estimate (Xactimate)
- Negotiate with contractors, other adjusters or customer representatives
- Maintain an accurate follow up system
- Ability to recognize potential fraud and recovery
- Customer service focused
- Educate the customer on the claim handling process
- Provide clear and accurate expectations and next steps
- Create and send professional quality correspondence specific to the claim issues
- Provide status updates to the customer
- Quickly and accurately respond to customer questions and concerns
- Determine coverages and liability
- Obtain settlement demands and make offers to claimants
- Appropriate handling of salvage
- Facilitate subrogation when appropriate
- Provide regular status updates and respond timely to requests
- Maintain Homesite’s reputation and integrity by complying with federal and state regulations, company service standards, core values, and established processes and guidelines
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge through continuing education
- Participate in special projects or perform other duties as requested
- Many of the appointments with clients occur on the weekends or after normal business hours
- Ability to be deployed throughout the United States for Catastrophic Loss (CAT) duty 25 - 30% of the year
- Must be flexible and open to working more than 40 hours a week
- Attend training and other meetings as required (locations may vary)
- May be required to oversee independent adjusters handling claims outside of assigned territory and phone scope fast track losses based on department need.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
- Fast paced, field environment with frequent face-to-face interaction
- Typically inspect 2 - 3 losses per day requiring car travel between locations
- Able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
- Able to traverse ladders, roofs and damaged property
- Must live in or around posted City
- Valid driver license (driving record will be verified)
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Strong customer service skills
- Able to demonstrate empathy and compassion for our customers
- Excellent business writing skills
- Ability to articulate decisions, technical knowledge and policies to customers and other parties
- Independent decision making, negotiating and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Must be able to obtain and maintain required state licenses
- Work remotely with minimal supervision
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Insurance designation (CPCU, AIC, ARM)
- Prior claims, property, or field experience is preferred, but not required. A training schedule will be tailored based on the applicants experience level.
Benefits to Joining Homesite's Claim Team:
- Competitive Pay and Benefits
- Generous "Time Off With Pay"
- Retirement/401(k) Program
- Employee Development/Education Assistance and Professional/Industry Designation Programs
Homesite is an insurance company that's big on technology. Finding faster and smarter methods of improving how people buy insurance is our jam. Our crew is made up of talented and passionate professionals who aren't afraid to push the envelope. When you work at Homesite, you'll have the opportunity to pursue your creative ideas in an environment that welcomes them.
Join our team as we shake up the world of insurance!