Sears Hometown and Outlet Stores
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operations Manager - ORDC
at Sears Hometown and Outlet Stores
The Operations Manager - ORDC is responsible for managing the business operations of the Outlet Repair and Distribution Center (ORDC) that includes receiving/replenishment functions, Outlet repair/testing functions, and Human Resources (HR) operational activities. This position is accountable for managing facilities, payroll, expenses and inventory shrinkage. This position is also responsible for the functionality within the 4-walls of the distribution center including the testing, cleaning, repair, disposal of merchandise and driving piece per hour productivity through direct and indirect management. The Operations Manager - ORDC acts as a role model within the unit for abiding by and holding others accountable for the Code of Business Conduct and overall business practices and leads by example with the highest level of integrity while upholding our SHO Core Values of Serve Help and Own.
- Leads the Outlet Repair and Distribution Center (ORDC) team to ensure achievement of business goals in expenses, payroll, inventory shrinkage and Associate morale
- Selects, coaches, and develops strong Supervisor/Lead Associates; develops a diverse, high performance team; sets and manages high standards, which includes taking decisive action with underperformers; and focuses on positioning high performers for growth opportunities within SHOS
- Audits receipt of merchandise into the ORDC’s inventory
- Takes ownership for full implementation of Corporate programs and initiatives on expense management, piece per hour productivity, and Associate morale
- Monitors and manages adherence to operational and receiving processes (i.e., Shipping, Receiving, Photo Booth, Repair, and Testing) and ensures performance standards are met
- Manages Human Resources (HR) transactional processes in staffing and training; assists in action plans to improve performance
- Ensures consistency of operational processes within the ORDC
- Assists General Manager to plan and manage ORDC expenses
- Ensures that the ORDC adheres to SHOS/OSHA safety policies and procedures
- Manages the ORDC warehouse space and offsite storage (if applicable)
- Maintains facilities and housekeeping
- Understands and communicates to ORDC Associates the activities and unique local issues
- Ensures that the ORDC operates in full compliance with applicable laws, OSHA regulations and Company ethics policies
- Monitors testing and repair of product to ensure documented process is in compliance
- Ensures Merchandise Inventory Management (MIM) stage integrity
- Ensures execution of product quality control via the ORDC Quality Matters process.
- Partners with Product Services and other vendors on ORDC merchandise
- Manages the receipts and shipments of merchandise to selling units
- Performs other duties as assigned