Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr Project Manager - Aviation
- HNTB Job Title
- Sr Project Manager - Engineering
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
Why Choose HNTB?
For more than a century, HNTB has helped deliver infrastructure solutions that best meet the unique needs of our clients. With client relationships spanning decades, we understand infrastructure life cycles and have the perspective to solve technical challenges with clarity and imagination. We are far more than a design firm. We see and help address far-reaching issues of financing, legislation, design, construction, community outreach and ongoing operations. As employee-owners committed to the highest levels of performance, we enable clients to achieve their goals and inspiring visions.
At HNTB, we’re encouraged to go beyond discovering mere solutions that will impact our very landscape. We are encouraged to ask, “What if?” Our HNTB family fosters an inventive and resourceful commitment to finding unique answers to complex problems. We believe that the act of wondering sparks creativity. We will work to foster your creativity, career and personal growth. Come join HNTB and unleash your spark of imagination.
For you, “together” can mean the chance to put together an exciting career. At HNTB “together” also means collaborating across geographies and disciplines within the firm. And “together” means that we are partners with our clients. Our goals are linked, and their success is our success. “Together” means that we are engaged in the communities we serve — we live there — and are committed to their growth and development.
Just like we are committed to delivering for our clients, HNTB is also committed to delivering for you by offering benefits to protect the health of you and your family, help you balance family and career, and build your savings for retirement. Learn more at https://www.myhntbtotalrewards.com.
HNTB is seeking an Sr Aviation Project Manager to help lead, develop and grow the design and planning areas of our Aviation practice. This position can be based in Houston Texas. You will also help direct and coordinate business development activities, and implement marketing strategies to ensure the growth of the aviation practice
Responsible for the leadership and management of team in support of the project’s profitable operation. Responsible for proactively managing the projects technical budget (direct labor and expenses, including technical sub-consultants), schedule, technical requirements, contractual obligations, project communications and HNTB’s 4 for 4 performance: delivery of quality work, on time, on budget and to the client’s satisfaction on every project. Responsible for gross revenue of $10M-30M.
- Actively manages project scope, schedule and budget. Serves as the primary client liaison to bring the schedule, budgets and scope of work to completion and to the client’s satisfaction.
- Implements the firm’s project delivery plan using HNTB's Sophisticated Delivery Approach (SDA) on each project.
- Develops project scope and fee quotation, and assists in the preparation of proposals and contracts.
- Provides oversight and monitoring of work to less experienced project managers. Coordinates work efforts and review work performed. Schedules and manages for integration of quality management during all phases of a project.
- Oversees project staffing with departments, offices and divisions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, listening skills, etc.)
- Proven project delivery track record by managing a team to deliver quality work that is on time, on budget, and to the client’s satisfaction.
- Established relationships with aviation clients in Texas.
- Active in relevant professional organizations/societies.
- Ability to travel.
16 years relevant experience
6 years project management experience
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Engineering (Civil or Aeronautical).
- 16+ years of experience in managing the planning, design, and construction of aviation projects.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE)
General Work Conditions
HNTB Corporation is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
The HNTB Companies are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.